Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we expect Moss-like improvemet from Lloyd and/or Randle-El?

E-Dog Night

I believe the person who will benefit from this the most is obviously Portis an THEN Cooley. Cooley is gonna have a huge Season for a tight end IMO. Moreso though Portis is gonna be smiling every time they call his number this year and I think our Oline will improve as well. Portis IMO is gonna be the biggest benefactor and be close to 1,800 this year and probably named the NFL MVP.

If you are wondering how either of the QBs can throw for 5,000 yards or more, think about all the receivers they have.

1. Santana Moss

2. Brandon Lloyd

3. Randle El

4. David Patten

5. Chris Cooley

6. Christian Fauria

7. Clinton Portis

If these guys are still here:

8. James Thrash

9. Taylor Jacobs

:cool:

Don't forget Mike Sellers

I believe the person who will benefit from this the most is obviously Portis an THEN Cooley. Cooley is gonna have a huge Season for a tight end IMO. Moreso though Portis is gonna be smiling every time they call his number this year and I think our Oline will improve as well. Portis IMO is gonna be the biggest benefactor and be close to 1,800 this year and probably named the NFL MVP.

I agree - Cooley won't have to worry about safeties double teaming him this season. I think Portis will end up with his usual :) 1,500+ - hopefully he'll get there with a lot fewer carries.

we can and will have a great season on offense, brunell is a veteran quaterback who is smart and somewhat mobile, he has more options to look at which means someone who is good is bound to be open and he is experienced and will get him the ball, a few trick plays will open up the passing game, and the great passing game will work hand in hand with our rush attack from cp, i bet 3,000+yards for brunell and 1,500-1,800 yards for portis, damn i cant wait for this year :):):):):):):)

I think we can expect improvement from Lloyd to be sure because he was already a good receiver with a team that has been in the rebuilding stage for a long time (san fran). With a good QB and a good receiving core to be a part of, I think Lloyd's going to flourish as a Redskin.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm still not convinced about Randle El. I concede that he's got incredible skills and is a unique player, but I forsee him being more of a special teams and trick player star then a top notch receiver like Moss is and Lloyd will be.

Your opinion is obviously based on never having watched him play.

I'd say Lloyd has the much better chance of having a monster break out year. He was putting some numbers pretty competitive with the leagues top receivers through 4 weeks last year when Rattay was starting, at which point the Niners put in Smith along with a number of other retreads and he barely matched his first 4 weeks over the next 12. Given consistent qb play I think Lloyd has solid #1 potential while Randle El is an amazing athlete and utility player is a receiver with #2 talent.

I think both receivers will become much better players, both statistically and overall on the field. I am a little concerned about Brunell, as someone awhile back made a thread during the season stating when he watched Brunell live in person at a game, he just locked on to one target and never looked elsewhere. Everyone seems to agree as they did then. Obviously its a very big concern with all these great receivers around here now.

I hope Brunell is able to open it up a little and as Saunders has said before in the news, a great offense is not necessarily based around a great quarterback, but more a quarterback that is capable of consistently spreading the ball out to the playmakers and allowing them to do what they do. If Brunell proves he is capable of doing that, more power to him, if not, it's time for Campbell to prove he is worthy of his first round selection.

And damn, that doesn't even include Cooley. I would expect that even a top 16 starting quarterback in the NFL should be more than capable of throwing for over 3,500 yards with this receiving core and Al Saunders/Joe Gibbs at the helm.

Archived