Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential spot for Ramsey

Sailskipper

maybe they will give us picks, but i doubt it...word is were getting jets 5th round for him....my opionin thats a steal for them.....they get a potential starting QB for a laim 5th roudn pick...i'de rather drop him then see him go that way....

maybe they will give us picks, but i doubt it...word is were getting jets 5th round for him....my opionin thats a steal for them.....they get a potential starting QB for a laim 5th roudn pick...i'de rather drop him then see him go that way....

Where are you getting that information? I've not seen that from a legitimate source unless its just been released?

I'd like to think that we can get a nice high pick for Ramsey, but realistically I don't think teams around the league are convinced of his abilities enough to risk giving up like a 2nd or 3rd for him.

Ramsey's gonna want to go where he could most likely start, so I say his best shots are either in New York or Detroit.

your laim spelling is laim

Doubtful Ramsey goes there...

He wants to be a starter, and he has to approve of the trade, so Ramsey will only go where he believes he has a shot at being the starter.

Why would Ramsey have to approve of the trade? We own his rights, and he is currently under contract. We did give him and his agent the right to seek out a trading partner, but I don't see any reason we have to send him only where he wants. I know we may try to part on good terms, and work something out for him...but if it means the difference of a couple rounds in the pick we have to send him where it benefits us most.

Why would Ramsey have to approve of the trade? We own his rights, and he is currently under contract. We did give him and his agent the right to seek out a trading partner, but I don't see any reason we have to send him only where he wants. I know we may try to part on good terms, and work something out for him...but if it means the difference of a couple rounds in the pick we have to send him where it benefits us most.

I may be completely off on this but we can't force the guy to go anywhere no matter the contract. I think because of the CBA, the NFL is not able to swap players around like they do in other sports (mainly baseball). I can't remember the last time someone was traded in football against their will.

Like I said, I may be way off on this and having some kind of brain fart but I don't think so.:rolleyes:

We can trade him wherever we want, but Gibbs isnt that kind of guy.

Well, the thing is, now that we signed Collins, Ramsey would be relegated ro #3 or heaven forbid #4 duty. So anything is better than that. Id play backup to a guy who was injured and had a horrid last season. Decent chance of getting some starting time.

We can trade him wherever we want, but Gibbs isnt that kind of guy.

Well, the thing is, now that we signed Collins, Ramsey would be relegated ro #3 or heaven forbid #4 duty. So anything is better than that. Id play backup to a guy who was injured and had a horrid last season. Decent chance of getting some starting time.

Gibbs is a good guy, but he also gave Ramsey and Sexton the chance to shop their services to other teams. Obviously they haven't been able to produce anything suitable to the Skins needs. Remember Gibbs did say the deal worked out would have to make sense for both parties. He could trade him anywhere he likes, if someone is offering a better deal than the Jets. Ramsey has little to no say in the matter.

Archived