Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

100 million spent so far and still not finished!!!

MustangSteve

too bad this was on espn.com, no idea where the money is coming from;

Over the salary capTeamCap status (over)Indianapolis Colts $5.9 million Washington Redskins $4.9 million

Old news right there. Again, the important thing to remember is that the team is writing up contracts for money they know they have. Otherwise, they wouldn't do it. And right now, that money is being put into exactly what the team needs. Sure there will be more. No problem. Open this up and keep it running. ;)

xtrememc.jpg

Old news right there. Again, the important thing to remember is that the team is writing up contracts for money they know they have. Otherwise, they wouldn't do it. And right now, that money is being put into exactly what the team needs. Sure there will be more. No problem. Open this up and keep it running. ;)

xtrememc.jpg

PCS you know that some 20 post newbie has stolen your sig:laugh: you best chase him down and get it back, sorry cant remember who it is

PCS you know that some 20 post newbie has stolen your sig:laugh: you best chase him down and get it back, sorry cant remember who it is

A sig thief? Son of a......darn kids these days. :security: :kungfu:

;)

Santana Moss and Clinton Portis, have already proven themselves as NFL stars. Randel El has been nothing more than a slot wr/punt returner. Brandon Lloyd has been more of a headache to the 49ers, than a productive player. Christain Fauria is a third string tight end. Adam Archuletta is not even a top 10 safety in the NFL, and now he is near the highest paid. Andre Carter has had one really good year, and that was four years ago. This reminds me of the spending spree of 2000. Except instead of getting over the hill has beens, you got a bunch of never wases.

Eagles top need - #1 WR, moves in FA - none

Eagles #2 need - OL, moves in FA - none

Eagles #3 need - DL - signed Howard (questionable coming off of an injury)

Eagles - many other needs, addressed - backup QB and #2 TE

Redskins top need - #2 WR (that's right - #2) - moves in FA - signed top WR FA in Randle-El, signed 49'ers top WR from last season (despite playing with a horrible QB and OL) in Brandon Lloyd

Redskins #2 need (is there one?) - depth at DE - Redskins sign Andre Carter (whose stats basically mirror Howard's)

Redskins #3 need (can't really think of a third need) - add depth (that's right - depth) at safety with Adam Archuletta

Redskins - no other pressing needs - add a #3 TE (that's right a #3) in Fauria

rest is gravy.............

Hmmm....... who's having a better offseason so far?

Santana Moss and Clinton Portis, have already proven themselves as NFL stars. Randel El has been nothing more than a slot wr/punt returner. Brandon Lloyd has been more of a headache to the 49ers, than a productive player. Christain Fauria is a third string tight end. Adam Archuletta is not even a top 10 safety in the NFL, and now he is near the highest paid. Andre Carter has had one really good year, and that was four years ago. This reminds me of the spending spree of 2000. Except instead of getting over the hill has beens, you got a bunch of never wases.

I'll take the young, talent-rich, versatile pool of El, Lloyd, Archuletta, Carter, Fauria (he's not young, but still productive) over the aging, no longer productive puddle of Schoebel, Garcia, Howard(young, but injury prone) and Barber. Looks like you guys are the ones who picked up the has-beens this year. Is it just me or are the Eagles the Redskins' recycling bin?

P.S. I like your avatar

just quit whining and be happy you guys got lecharles bentley he is a hell of a player. Oops someone just informed me u lost him to the browns geez i didnt know cleveland still had a team.

Thats funny because didnt we beat you guys two seasons ago, I bet you knew we existed then :D . Ok had to do that.

Sorry guys but the reason I came here is because I am really wondering how you are able to sign so many FA's when you were supposedly one of the teams in the worst cap situation and were going to have to let a ton of guys go?

Thats funny because didnt we beat you guys two seasons ago, I bet you knew we existed then :D . Ok had to do that.

Sorry guys but the reason I came here is because I am really wondering how you are able to sign so many FA's when you were supposedly one of the teams in the worst cap situation and were going to have to let a ton of guys go?

Simple, don't believe the national media that knows nothing about the cap. The Skins were never in serious danger. We cut the same guys after the CBA as we would have before. The new CBA helped us acqure new talent, but we were never going to be in cap hell. Simple restructures, and the additional cap space from the CBA were all that was needed for us to be back in free agency.

Archived