Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gratz to Moss and Portis

G-Prime

In the midst of the free agent hustle and bustle we can lose sight about what a signing really means for our team. I'm happy that we signed Brandon Loyd. I'm on the fence regarding the EL trade. I'll trust Gibbs knows what he's doing and everything will work out for the best.

Anyway on to Moss. I felt really bad for him last year and our offense as a whole. He spent half the season under double coverage and still managed a spectacular season. Can you imagine what he's going to look like next year when it will be impossible for any team to double cover him? God forbidding injury, we could see him exceed 100 catches and I won't even speculate on yards. I'm not predicting anything but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had a history book year.

As well Portis will benefit from our recent signings as no more, will people be able to load the box with 8 people just to stop Portis. You have to hand it to Joe Gibbs for scheming to strength and allowing Portis to carry the team on his shoulders. Looking at KC film over the last several months I've become a huge fan of Saunders. I knew of him before but never knew a lot about him. If any of you have a chance, try to obtain some KC footage, not just the Redskins game but other games as well, you'll notice some interesting differences when he plans for one team compared to another.

Again I'm not predicting anything, but I look for Portis to exceed 1800 yards next year. Barring injury of course.

I expect close to 2000 yds from Portis this year on about the same number of carries or less. This is gonna be fun. In 1983 The Redskins under Joe Gibbs set an NFL record for PPG for an entire season. I predict that this coming season will be a new NFL record for PPG. This is gonna be fun!!

with our receivers Portis may not even have as many yards, but his ypc will increase, and he may have some long runs ala Denver. I would not be surprised if he broke 1500 again, but I kind of expect it as well. Those receivers, even Patten, will not be easily stopped.

I just hope our receiving corps will be happy. I don't think Moss will get as many looks this year, and according to some Pitt. fans that have posted, Randle El can be tempermental when he doesn't feel that he's getting enough looks. I think that overall our passing game will be much improved. However, I think individual stats will decline because we have 3 capable receivers. I just hope everyone will be able to keep their egos in check.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Good post Gothimus.

And where are the doubters........those who said the league had passed Gibbs by.......and he just didn't know what was happening.

These signings prove other wise. We will have weapons all over the field.

Feels good to be among the Redskin faithful.

Blondie

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

I bet Portis is beside himself right now with all of these moves . . . he will explode this year!

with our receivers Portis may not even have as many yards, but his ypc will increase, and he may have some long runs ala Denver. I would not be surprised if he broke 1500 again, but I kind of expect it as well. Those receivers, even Patten, will not be easily stopped.

I concur with Mr. S; took the words out of my mouth. I don't think either will get record breaking numbers, because those extra yards will come from Lloyd and El Randle. (That's Spanish for, "THE RANDLE!") However, ypc (catch and carry) will increase, points per game will increase, and I can't wait to see what our third down conversion percentage will be.

I almost feel bad for Saunders, what do you do on 3rd and 4??? Too many options will keep Saunders up at night.

don't forget that it does not matter how well those offensive guys due if we can't get our defense hooked up. We still need a LB and a DE..remember the colts the 2 years ago. score all you want if you can't stop anyone your in trouble.

We've lost something like two guys on defense, don't worry so much, Greg Williams' schemes are felxible with personnel.

I don't think Portis will have the greatest year in running back history, however, I do think this is a great relief to both him and Moss because it takes a lot of pressure off of both guys. I think that we should expect Portis to have a year in which he doesn't have to carry the load so much and he has a 1500+ yard season with better YPC average and more touchdowns.

In the midst of the free agent hustle and bustle we can lose sight about what a signing really means for our team. I'm happy that we signed Brandon Loyd. I'm on the fence regarding the EL trade. I'll trust Gibbs knows what he's doing and everything will work out for the best.

Anyway on to Moss. I felt really bad for him last year and our offense as a whole. He spent half the season under double coverage and still managed a spectacular season. Can you imagine what he's going to look like next year when it will be impossible for any team to double cover him? God forbidding injury, we could see him exceed 100 catches and I won't even speculate on yards. I'm not predicting anything but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had a history book year.

As well Portis will benefit from our recent signings as no more, will people be able to load the box with 8 people just to stop Portis. You have to hand it to Joe Gibbs for scheming to strength and allowing Portis to carry the team on his shoulders. Looking at KC film over the last several months I've become a huge fan of Saunders. I knew of him before but never knew a lot about him. If any of you have a chance, try to obtain some KC footage, not just the Redskins game but other games as well, you'll notice some interesting differences when he plans for one team compared to another.

Again I'm not predicting anything, but I look for Portis to exceed 1800 yards next year. Barring injury of course.

Ya know, I was talking to my wife about our O. And I would be crapping my pants if the Boys, iggles or G'men had Moss, Lloyd, El, Cooley and Portis. Now you cannot focus on 1 or 2 guys and stall the offense. Our guys are going to be a headache for DCs. I just could not figure out how to stop these guys. Plus, Sellers can catch from the FB position. At all times we will have at least 3 legit options in the pass but can have 5 at any given time.

Archived