Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about the 2006 schedule

WVSkinsfan

could be. but from what i hear, there is 3 games on thanksgiving this year, with the NFL network having an evening game around 8pm Eastern. sorry dont have the link, read it about a month ago somewhere.

This is true.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9193472

Also, it has been reported, and then de-reported that the Skins-Boys would be the first to kick off an NFL Network game. We'll have to wait until schedule time to know for sure. Fox might have gotten angry that they wouldn't have this mega-ratings game.

Sorry, but I don't buy into this at all. It is absolutely un-American to keep pro football off the air waves on Thanksgiving Day. This has to be a horrible mis-understanding.

Are you watching TV with an antennae? Man, in this day and age of technology, I just figured almost everyone pays for high speed internet and at the very least - cable. NFL Network is not exclusive to DirectTV anymore either and you don't have to subscribe to it. It is part of most basic programming packages now. I have Comcast cable and get NFL Network.

I think it is going to be awesome that they are adding NFL games to that Network. A tripleheader on Turkey Day rocks and as far as I am concerned is PRO American!! Don't ***** about that!! Just get cable. You are an American afterall and have every opportunity. Cable is cheap, too.

"The inaugural game of the package is scheduled for Thanksgiving night on Thursday, Nov. 23, as part of a new Thanksgiving Day tripleheader. Games telecast on NFL Network will include pregame and postgame shows."

Yeah, well Parcells was 77-0 going into the 4th qtr with a 13+ point lead...until week 2 of last season. I am looking forward to actually enjoying my Thanksgiving this year!

:dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck

Yeah I could go for a Skins win on thanksgiving ending the streak. :applause:

Last time on Thanksgiving I remember Jeff George getting dragged on the ground by a Dallas D-Lineman after a sack and not a single Redskin coming to his defense. I think I lost my appetite after seeing that.

This time I think will be different.

I believe that was also the game where Deion Sanders got "spanked" after blowing a punt return....literally SPANKED!!! Does anyone else remember that? I don't think it's ever been duplicated.

I am not mentioning anything about Brian Barker/Any Given Sunday for a reason...please do not remind me.

Last time on Thanksgiving I remember Jeff George getting dragged on the ground by a Dallas D-Lineman after a sack and not a single Redskin coming to his defense. I think I lost my appetite after seeing that.

This time I think will be different.

That was Ebenezer Ekuban, & I've hated him ever since. He drug Jeff George close to 5 yards right in front of the ref & he did nothing! I was screaming at the tv when that happened! They'll need more then dirty tricks to beat us this Thanksgiving, cause they've got a pounding coming! LOL

:dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck :wewantd: :dallasuck

Are you watching TV with an antennae? Man, in this day and age of technology, I just figured almost everyone pays for high speed internet and at the very least - cable. NFL Network is not exclusive to DirectTV anymore either and you don't have to subscribe to it. It is part of most basic programming packages now. I have Comcast cable and get NFL Network.

I think it is going to be awesome that they are adding NFL games to that Network. A tripleheader on Turkey Day rocks and as far as I am concerned is PRO American!! Don't ***** about that!! Just get cable. You are an American afterall and have every opportunity. Cable is cheap, too.

"The inaugural game of the package is scheduled for Thanksgiving night on Thursday, Nov. 23, as part of a new Thanksgiving Day tripleheader. Games telecast on NFL Network will include pregame and postgame shows."

LOL. Let's see, I've had email since 1986. I've had cable TV since the day it was offered. I've had high speed internet since the day it was offered, and when I got it, I was the only one I knew that had it.

So, apparently, comcast sucks, because my basic plus subscription doesn't include the NFL network.

Also, there are lots of people that simply don't have access to cable at all. In fact, there's even an article in today's post about this:

<paste>

In Loudoun, home to America Online and MCI, 15,000 households -- about 17 percent of the total -- cannot get access to broadband. Most of these homes are in the less populous western part of the county, where phone and cable companies are reluctant to invest in networks without a critical mass of ready customers.<end>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/13/AR2006031301797.html

I strongly suspect that the figure of those without cable nationwide is much higher than 17%. That's why I cannot imagine Thanksgiving Day without pro football on the air waves.

If the game thats on NFL network is on at 8pm i guess that is ok because everyone is still getting 2 games like they are used to. My comcast comes with NFL network, so i will def enjoy the 3rd game if this is true. The cable company should be gracious and for thanksgiving let everyone have the NFL network so everyone can watch the 3rd game. Shouldn't thanksgiving be about giving :)

News: The Thanksgiving Day games will be broadcast on the air waves.

<paste>

NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliebue said at his annual Super Bowl Friday press conference that Detroit and Dallas would remain in their Thanksgiving Day time slots on Fox and CBS

<end>

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?contentType=5&id=56853421-A810-236B-FB157D924701A5C3

Archived