Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Status Quo on Ramsey, Jets - Vikes Interested (See post#8)

Throwin64

the more I think about it, the more I realize that keeping Ramsey could actually turn out be an incredibly WISE decision -- 1) He did save us in that Giants' game, when the tide coud have turned -- 2) and the real reason to keep him is that SOME team is going to get desperate for a QB in the middle of the year, just like the Jets' did last year -- that would be when you could recoup his real value in terms of a draft pick

the more I think about it, the more I realize that keeping Ramsey could actually turn out be an incredibly WISE decision -- 1) He did save us in that Giants' game, when the tide coud have turned -- 2) and the real reason to keep him is that SOME team is going to get desperate for a QB in the middle of the year, just like the Jets' did last year -- that would be when you could recoup his real value in terms of a draft pick

very good point... but all we need is for some team to offer a 3rd now, then some team has to beat that with a 2nd... and so on ;)

The fact is that you have the right to tender a contract to a player in his 3rd year to make him an RFA... I don't believe you can do that to a player who will be in his 5th season like Ramsey will be at the end of next season.

You can't just make ANYONE restricted. You CAN however make someone a transitional or franchise player, which has some serious salary restrictions....

I read on ESPN that teams are offering only a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Daunte Culpepper. This does not help us get at least a 3rd for Ramsey. This leads me to believe that we might get a 4th for him at the most.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

I agree that's going to hurt us trying to get a higher pick for Ramsey but Culpepper is damaged goods. If he was 100% he'd be demanding an first rounder at least. Ramsey may not be his calibre but at least teams know he can suit up on Sunday.

Archived