Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Status Quo on Ramsey, Jets - Vikes Interested (See post#8)

Throwin64

"Early indications are that the Jets, who are poised to trade for Redskin QB Patrick Ramsey for a fifth-round pick in this year's draft and as possible conditional pick in 2007, are seeking a starting-caliber left tackle."

"At quarterback, before consummating the deal with Washington, the Jets might take a look at Bengal backup Jon Kitna, who was successful as a starter the year before No. 1 draft pick Carson Palmer was handed the reins two seasons ago.

Other quarterbacks the Jets may look at include Arizona's Josh McCown and Miami backup Sage Rosenfels."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/65063.htm

If not the Jets, ther's still the Lions, Raiders, and Dolphins. If not we will probably cut Ramsey. That would be a shame though, I'd like us to get something for him. Who knows, Brees will prob. be a Saint, Culpepper a Raven (hope not) or Dolphin. So at least one team is going to be screwed out of a QB. The options are still there. For now...

Guest amaprius

I dont think it will be a bad thing to be stuck with Ramsey.

Next year we can give him the mid level exception and get a first for him or have the teams bid for him and get a second or third round pick out of it.

Next year we can give him the mid level exception and get a first for him or have the teams bid for him and get a second or third round pick out of it.

If we're struggling to get a mid round pick for him now, we won't be getting a first for him anytime down the line.

"* The word coming out of Washington D.C. is the Vikings are looking to put the old Redskins band back together. With Daunte Culpepper almost certainly out of the plans, two names that have surfaced as candidates to back up Brad Johnson are Gus Frerotte and Patrick Ramsey. All three of those quarterbacks once played for the Redskins and the pick the Vikings got when they traded Johnson to Washington was used to select Culpepper."

http://vikings.scout.com/2/507831.html

Guest amaprius
What makes you think we can a 1st for him?

Do I have to explain to you what the mid level restricted free agent tag brings when a team signs one?

Okay.....

Slowly....

You

Get

A

First

Round

Pick

The only way around it is to trade for that player and since you are insisting on a first by having the tag then usually you can a second or third round pick out of it.

Everyone knows Ramsey is talented and hasnt gotten a fair shot in D.C. and they think we will get rid of him for nothing. I wouldnt allow anyone to think that way.

Ramsey knows our system inside and out...why let him go for nothing?

He is a great backup for us right now.

"* The word coming out of Washington D.C. is the Vikings are looking to put the old Redskins band back together. With Daunte Culpepper almost certainly out of the plans, two names that have surfaced as candidates to back up Brad Johnson are Gus Frerotte and Patrick Ramsey. All three of those quarterbacks once played for the Redskins and the pick the Vikings got when they traded Johnson to Washington was used to select Culpepper."

http://vikings.scout.com/2/507831.html

With their powers combined they will undoubtedly suck together. :doh: The Vikings are crazy, but hey if we get a draft pick out of this, cool beans.

I believe a Ramsey deal will get made, the Vikings entering the picture will only help out. I don't think the Vikings are seriously interest in Fernot... He's been there once and they let him go... Ramsey is a much better option IMO... It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Next year he'll be an unrestricted free agent. Unless we wanted to Franchise him that means no picks.

[

Okay.....

Slowly....

You

Get

A

First

Round

Pick

The only way around it is to trade for that player and since you are insisting on a first by having the tag then usually you can a second or third round pick out of it.

Everyone knows Ramsey is talented and hasnt gotten a fair shot in D.C. and they think we will get rid of him for nothing. I wouldnt allow anyone to think that way.

Ramsey knows our system inside and out...why let him go for nothing?

He is a great backup for us right now.

OK Let me explain slowly to you.

Ramsey

will

be

an

Unrestricted Free Agent

Next year.

That means no picks unless the team Franchises him. Franchising entails paying him as one of the top five QBs in the League.

Still hope he goes to the AFC J E T S.. Jets Jets Jets! . Living in CT about 40 mins outside NYC would have been easy for me to watch his games. Hope he gets a team who wants to use him as a starter

:gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

I know a lot of people like to criticize Ramsey on here, but I honestly think he's gonna have a bigger impact than people are expecting. I think that in a few years, he will most likely be leading a team through the playoffs. I know from what I've read here, that not many people agree with this, but there is something about him that tells me he's gonna have a nice career when he suits up somewhere else, and I'll be happy for him, I've always liked the guy. But if he goes to the Jets, he's screwed.

I know a lot of people like to criticize Ramsey on here, but I honestly think he's gonna have a bigger impact than people are expecting. I think that in a few years, he will most likely be leading a team through the playoffs. I know from what I've read here, that not many people agree with this, but there is something about him that tells me he's gonna have a nice career when he suits up somewhere else, and I'll be happy for him, I've always liked the guy. But if he goes to the Jets, he's screwed.

You're right, not many people will agree with this.

I REALLY wish we'd deal him already so we wouldn't have to listen to any more posts about Ramsey saving the day which hasn't happened and which isn't going to happen.

LaVars gone, can we get rid of the drama factor #2 please?

Archived