Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Even Warren Moon thinks Monk should be in the HOF.

COOOOLEY!

I dont understand why journalists voter for the Hall. I would tend to believe that players inducted already would have a better understanding of the game and what it takes to be great, than some dude sitting in front of a computer and t.v. typing an article.

Having these people vote for the hall is pointless, mine as well send out flyers to every fan that has season tickets and a check list.

The games a bit diffrent today then when Art played. More pass oriented teams which equate to more reception for WR. SO the argument that guy made doesnt impress me. Monk was a solid day and day out player who should have already been elected. Guess thats why I dont subscribe to S.I. HTTR and HTAM

I think it comes down to bias against monk for not speaking to the press. Fewer supporters will stand up for Monk because he wasn't good friends with the journalists and most people who don't support Monk like him even less because they didn't know him.

i agree that ex players should be the voters and not some wanna be player. these are the same guys that when we played pick up games would be the last to be picked (if they were even picked at all,) hell most of the time i would of played short than play with these guys. now they went to school to become journalists and they can pay back all the guys that picked on them. jmo.

Football beat-writers picking guys for the H-O-F is just nuts. It's kind of like letting William Shatner pick the crew for the next Space Shuttle mission. Let the guys who have played the game and gone one on one with these guys pick who goes in.

Archived