Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eric Moulds

HokieSkinsFan

1. No.

2. I hope not.

Why?

I would take Moulds over Lloyd RIGHT NOW. Moulds is a solid, proven, vet. He's physical, and has more consitent hands than Lloyd. Plus, Moulds doesn't blame everyone on the team but himself when he loses a game. Did Moulds gripe when Losman came in and his Thrown To average went down about 90%? No.

Why?

I would take Moulds over Lloyd RIGHT NOW. Moulds is a solid, proven, vet. He's physical, and has more consitent hands than Lloyd. Plus, Moulds doesn't blame everyone on the team but himself when he loses a game. Did Moulds gripe when Losman came in and his Thrown To average went down about 90%? No.

Moulds = 32

Lloyd = 24

I'd take Lloyd.

Why?

I like Moulds too. Just depends on his price.

Moulds = 32

Lloyd = 24

I'd take Lloyd.

I'd rather have one solid season from a guy, than potentially have several disrutive ones from a young, ****y kid who is way too fond of himself. Plus, Lloyd will cost AT LEAST a first rounder. He was tendered the mid compensation as a RFA and that = 1st rounder for those of you that for some reason are completely oblivious to this.

Moulds = 6'2" 210 lbs.

Lloyd = 6'0" 192 lbs.

Moulds = 3 Pro Bowls

Lloyd = 0 Pro Bowls

Moulds = 81 catches last year

Lloyd = 48 catches last year

Moulds = 63% completion/look last year

Lloyd = 44% completion/look last year

There are some other comparisons, and I feel like one fits us a little better than the other. Your call on which.

Why? Because I thought we were looking for a young guy who can take some pressure off Moss, not an old guy who would just put pressure on Moss to still be the No. 1 receiver.

I want Moss to thrive, not look over his shoulder.

Besides, most anyone else would be a lot cheaper.

Brandon Lloyd is not the guy you want if you don't want Moss looking over his shoulder. If nothing else, he is on his way up and revels in the fact from everything I've heard. He is more spectacular than consistent, and I don't think that is what we want in a pure #2.

Eric Moulds, on the other hand, has already experienced the shift to #2 in Buffalo with the emergence of Lee Evans. He reacted to that by changing his game a little to complement Evans's speed. His YPC went down, but he was much more consistent. His reception percentage went up significantly despite moving from Drew Bledsoe to J.P. Losman. In other words, he became a possession to complement their speed guy. Which is precisely what we need.

i think moss knows that he is the number 1 receiver on this team. will he have 1400+ yards next year? probably not, that is one of the greater seasons a WR has ever had in this league and teams will double him a lot. santana seems like one of these players who wants to win and is not going to get mad if they throw the ball to someone else.

the Redskins need consistency at wide receiver from spots 2 and 3. we didn't get that last year and along with Brunell's cumulative injuries were the big reasons the Redskins didn't advance past the Seahawks.

Moulds is 32 years old but seems to be the natural complement to the younger, speedier and smaller Moss. And at a time where Gibbs is 65 and has the oldest coaching staff in the NFL I don't know that anyone can afford to be looking 5 years into the future to imagine what Lloyd will be doing when he is 28 or 29 and in his prime.

Lloyd right now is long on promise, short on performance. For a team looking to make it back to the playoffs and potentially more, it seems a better bet for the Skins to go with the consistent option rather than the feast or famine one.

Archived