Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question for our Eagles contingent.

TradeTheBeal!

Great question. Let's start with Andy Reid. He is the riverboat gambler and master of trick plays in the regular season, then, in the playoffs he gets tight as a drum. He can not adjust to what other teams are doing in big games. Example: Carolina goes into Philly (NFC Championship game) and throws the ball 14 times, going with the game plan that they are not going to beat themselves and hope their defense can make some plays. The "pass first" Eagles proceed to throw 4, yes 4, interceptions at home and lose 14-3. Andy Reid refuses to change his philosophy based on his opponent. That game, above all others, I thought summed up why they only get so far. Reid's offensive lineman have been begging him to run the ball more. I've seen Runyan and Fraley say this. Yet, he won't change his philosophy for anyone.

The part about the Eagles fans, I don't think they have anything to do with the Eagles failure to win a SB. I do think they have something to do with the teams success over the past several years. They are a tough crowd and make it difficult on visiting teams. I wish I could say they deserve a champion, but, everytime I'm around them I can not bring myself to believing they deserve one. As a whole, and there are exceptions, they are classless and obnoxious. And, they like having an image of thugs and idiots. It's like they feel like they're entitled to act that way because they've been losers for so long.

first of all there is no apparent greatness, have they been consistant for the past 5 years with a winning record, absolutely, but not greatness. why no superbowl, well I mostly believe its luck to win the superbowl. almost every team is alike in talent, skill positions etc, but really you do have to have things go your way to win. look at pittsburgh, a left out thought for the playoffs, go to cincinnatti, 1st qtr, qb out for game, game over. in the superbowl, all the breaks went the steelers way. seattle was just as good in my opinion, but they got no breaks. the nfl is so compeditive, any given sunday is a motto that actually is correct. any given sunday any team can beat the best team. in all the years past when the eagles were romping over the skins, the games were close except for a few. the skins weren't even 500, but they could hang with the elite eagles. so to sum up, every team has talent, it's just who gets the breaks and who performs best on sunday. to ask a question to you, explain why in all this time, a few teams have never even been to the superbowl. a lot of luck involved I think.

I will say Andy Reid makes poor game decisions.

In the one Super Bowl they got to, FS Eugene Wilson went down at the end of the first half. Reid never challenged the backup Dexter Reid until the end of the game. He should have done it on the first drive of the second half. Why he didn't do this sooner I will never know.

Archived