Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast: Thomas restructures, plus Springs comments...

wilbur58z

All this shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us. Gibbs has always surrounded himself with good people. The players he has assembled are true Redskins. This was the exact same atmosphere when Gibbs took over in the early eighties. Being an older fan, none of this is a surprise to me. Gibbs is a great coach and an ever greater person. You younger fans don't know how fortunate you are to get a chance to see this man in action again.

What a bunch of class acts. This is a team that knows something special is happening and that wants to stay together. I'm glad that we didn't make cuts or anything like that. How awful would that make those players feel, you know, to cut them but then have those cuts nullfied by a CBA extension? I think that being loyal to your guys matters, as is evidenced by so many guys stepping up and restructuring.

I think it all comes down to the players believing a championship is in their future............very near future. They can see the great strides the team has taken in two short years......they can taste it. They know what they have with the Skins, and rather not gamble when they know their close to the ultimate goal.

not all of these players are taking pay cuts so to speak. portis is getting MORE money offer a different number of years. all these other guys might be doing the same.

we know that brunell took a cut, and for the 2nd year in a row mind you.

this team has amazing character.

Yea but you know it must be a pain to call their agent up, wait for him at the airport,drive to redskins park, meet with dan snyder and joe gibbs, and restructure a contract for an hour.

Yea but you know it must be a pain to call their agent up, wait for him at the airport,drive to redskins park, meet with dan snyder and joe gibbs, and restructure a contract for an hour.

Most of this last minute contract stuff is done by fax. A signature on a fax is considered legally binding in most states, although technically a fax is another type of photocopy really. Then the original signature follows by mail or whatever. :D

We still need to have vets restructure even if the CBA gets extended. IF it gets extended we are still over the cap. That means we have to cut players. Can we cut only palyers we dont want? Yes, but if we restructure as well that means we will have cap room to sign rookies, Clark, Royal, an a couple FAs(such as Randle El).

I think all these deals are pending the outcome of a new CBA if a new CBA comes and the cap is higher the skins wont have to worry about getting under the cap by as much. either way it is a win win for the skins they either win a superbowl this year or they win a superbowl this year.

Man I am so proud right now, check this.Randy Thomas was having a probowl season ,before being injured, instead of getting a prima donna attitude this dude checked his ego at the door and took one for the team.......Talk about character

Ditto! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived