Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So what you're telling me is...

powerANDgut

So what you're telling me, from what I have read from other posters, is that after all the renegotiations take place we will be about 9-10mil over the cap? In which case we cut/trade "the big 6" (Noble, Ramsey, Harris, Hall, Raymer and Bowen) and we're under? 6 backups we might have planned on cutting anyway? No starters, stars, nothing?! Wow...Gloom & Doom, Gloom & Doom...

If this is true, we will only be at or under the cap by a little. How then do we sign FA or draft picks? Who's the unlucky cut...I think it'll be Wynn. D-Line is probably our deepest area.

Has anyone thought of the possibility Dan knows he can get under the cap without cutting important players and have an uncapped year in 2007? I would say that would be a win/win situation. He has his cake and eats it too, while sticking it to other owners. Sure we wouldn't add any new players but we didn't really lose anyone either. The Broncos cut their best lineman for godsakes and the best player we're cutting is our nickleback. I must say if this is the case I'm liking snyder more and more these days...

Any thoughts? Did I go wrong somewhere?:eaglesuck

i think youre right... we would need to cut a fairly big one but i think that 2007 will be worth it. I really dont think that this will all be that big of a deal now that i think of it. i mean if we cut our backups and one good D-lineman... i think we're in pretty good shape then right.

What you're forgetting is if we cut Harris and can't resign Clark, that's two DB's were losing. Where's our depth? I'm sure more high dollar players will be willing to restructure to resign our FA,s and pick up some depth. I don't think it's as bad as it seems, never is.

What will make it even better is if we can package Ramsey and some future or late round picks to the Jets to get Davis.

i'd rather not have the 07 uncapped season because then we will likely have a lockout in 08. lets get this new CBA done and have some room to sign some people. i think our team now is good and is one or two players away from being super.

Yea, we're under, but barely. And we have to sign replacements for some of those. Furthermore, we no cap space to sign any impact free agent.

First, do we really need an impact FA?

Second, that's where Wynn's contract comes into play. Isn't his contract like 3.5mil this year? Same with guys like Thrash, Koslowski, etc. There's others on this team that could be axed. I know, I know we have to replace them with someone. I'm just saying that we're not going to be gutting our team of our best players like people have been predicting.

I believe last year we needed about 5 mil in cap space to sign draft picks.

On another note....What's the deal with signing players to 2 year contracts? Does the 30% rule apply to the uncapped year? Can we aign someone like Pryce with a base salary that's low this year and have it be really big in 2007 to make up the disparity?

Archived