Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it 100% certain that we'll have at least 1 uncapped year?

Portis the Tortoise

No, a deal could be worked out between now and the start of the 07' season to prevent an uncapped year. The deadline approaching is so big because it is the last time at which an agreement can be made to effect this (06)year.

Not true. If both sides were to agree in June on a new CBA part of that agreement can affect 2006.

Upshaw is saying he won't agree after his deadline, but he can change his mind on that position at any time and if the owners agree it can take affect in 2006.

Not true. If both sides were to agree in June on a new CBA part of that agreement can affect 2006.

Upshaw is saying he won't agree after his deadline, but he can change his mind on that position at any time and if the owners agree it can take affect in 2006.

I was alluding to Free Agency 2006. Teams will have already released and signed most of the players since the June 1st release trick no longer works.

I was alluding to Free Agency 2006. Teams will have already released and signed most of the players since the June 1st release trick no longer works.

I don't think your going to see many players signed very early in FA 2006. They are going to want to wait and see if a CBA ends up getting done. Then as training camp approaches if it does not get done you will see alot of 1 year contracts.

How do you sign rookies with no cba in place? You will only be able to prorate 4 years? And the 30% rule will be in effect.

I don't think your going to see many players signed very early in FA 2006. They are going to want to wait and see if a CBA ends up getting done. Then as training camp approaches if it does not get done you will see alot of 1 year contracts.

How do you sign rookies with no cba in place? You will only be able to prorate 4 years? And the 30% rule will be in effect.

All true..

The main point that I was trying to get across without sounding trollish was that the Redskins might have to gut their team to get under cap, and then a new deal could be struck after that so there won't be any uncapped years to buy a team back.

All true..

The main point that I was trying to get across without sounding trollish was that the Redskins might have to gut their team to get under cap, and then a new deal could be struck after that so there won't be any uncapped years to buy a team back.

I think its been established in posts by others on the site that the team will not have to be "gutted". It will mostly be a some back-up and special teams guys we have to let go to get under the 2006 cap with no CBA. Along with the restructuring of some vet contracts. Brunell has already agreed to redo his contract.

I think its been established in posts by others on the site that the team will not have to be "gutted". It will mostly be a some back-up and special teams guys we have to let go to get under the 2006 cap with no CBA. Along with the restructuring of some vet contracts. Brunell has already agreed to redo his contract.

And Arrington has indicated he would too. Of course this was awhile ago he said this...he's been aweful quiet lately... :whoknows:

Archived