Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were a Free Agent??

HOF44

What would you do???

With no new deal in place you a kind of in limbo. If you sign a new long term deal and the CBA gets done a week later you will kick yourself. You will have left a lot of cash on the table. Plus if free agency does occur your under a signed contract.

Not to mention alot of teams that would normaly drive your price up don't have the ability to do it.

I think even if FA opens on March 3rd your not going to see much happening. Until a deal is in place or it draws closer to training camp I don't think you will see alot fo FA's trying to get deals done.

As much as this hurts some of the clubs, its terrible for free agents this year.

Sounds like you're a little upset that your beloved Skins are in "cap hell". Sorry my friend. But you will see teams coming out of the gate during FA. And the Skins won't be one of them.

Yes we are in cap hell if the CBA doesn't get redone. But that doesn't mean he's wrong. If you're a free agent, why would you sign a long term deal or if you're on a team now, why would you sign an extension when the odds are you can be paid boatloads more in just one season. At a minimum that's what agents will be telling their clients.

Sounds like you're a little upset that your beloved Skins are in "cap hell". Sorry my friend. But you will see teams coming out of the gate during FA. And the Skins won't be one of them.

Of couse the teams that have some cash are going to try to sign players, but why would the players sign???

The teams trying to sign will be basing that signing on a cap of about 95 million. So if the CBA gets done a week later and the cap is 105 million they will feel like dopes.

So what do you do??? You wait till the last second to sign and if no CBA you sign a one year deal.

It's not like the Skins are the only one in this boat. Plus, if this is the way things are going to go down, then the Eagles will be in hell next year with no cap. The other 3 NFC East teams have no problem spending on players. A smart FA and his agent would know this, and won't sign any long term deals. So all the other teams that aren't affected by this, should really be worried too. An uncapped season is going to be nasty on most of the league.

Archived