Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DE Darren Howard to the Skins? (RUMOR)

Fifty Gut

Mark Maske just mentioned on Tony Kornheiser's radio show that the Skins may be interested in getting Darren Howard from the Saints

he mentioned that the Skins couldn't afford to sign Abraham to the kind of deal he wants, and would instead shop for a DE who is disgruntled with his current team, and wants a fresh start (Howard)

dhoward.jpg

Mark Maske just mentioned on Tony Kornheiser's radio show that the Skins may be interested in getting Darren Howard from the Saints

he mentioned that the Skins couldn't afford to sign Abraham to the kind of deal he wants, and would instead shop for a DE who is disgruntled with his current team, and wants a fresh start (Howard)

dhoward.jpg

as long as his knees are okay, howard would be a great pick up.

another guy to keep an eye out for would be andre carter, who has fallen out of favor with the niners

The only thing I don't like about Howards' stats:

Hasn't played a full season since 2002.

He was a sack machine in 2004 though.

Whoever Joe picks up, he picks up for a reason, and I can't argue with that.

he has been a high character guy all along with the saints. plays tackle if asked and was a tremendous outside rusher earlier in his career. he is not a 3 down player at this point in his career, but like another ex saint the redskins picked up, jumpy geathers, he could be a tremendous situational player.

they are obviously different players, but i think howard will be very productive for his next team

I like Howard. I wonder if the Saints would take Ramsey for him? Im really wary about dealing any more picks...

Ramsey's return home. He would be pretty pissed though. Most likely the Saints are going to take Leinart. Ramsey could pull up some pine cause he wouldn't be seeing much playing time. I just have a feeling that the tumbling block in the whole offseason is going to be Daunte Culpepper. If he gets moved, there might be another candidate looking at Ramsey. They have players and picks to offer.

Howard's production has declined severely. I know its been said over and over again, but if we want to add a DE to be a starter, his name is Aaron Kampman. Had impressive sack and tackle totals last year and could come cheaper than Abraham or Howard. That being said, I am very tempted at the prospect of trading Ramsey and a 2nd for Abraham, if we feel we can afford him.

I, however, pass on Howard.

Howard's production has declined severely. I know its been said over and over again, but if we want to add a DE to be a starter, his name is Aaron Kampman. Had impressive sack and tackle totals last year and could come cheaper than Abraham or Howard. That being said, I am very tempted at the prospect of trading Ramsey and a 2nd for Abraham, if we feel we can afford him.

I, however, pass on Howard.

I kinda agree with passing on Howard. Last D-lineman we picked up with Knee problems was Noble, and look at where he is at. Knee problems on a lineman is like transmission problems for a car. Bad news.

I like Howard. I wonder if the Saints would take Ramsey for him? Im really wary about dealing any more picks...

The skins can sign him straight up without trading for him. The Saints franchised him the last 2 years, but they aren't this year because of what his salary would be now because of the tag and they have Charles Grant and Will Smith. Howard is a heck of a player and I would love to see him in washington next year.

as long as his knees are okay, howard would be a great pick up.

another guy to keep an eye out for would be andre carter, who has fallen out of favor with the niners

I didn't even think about carter till you mentioned it. what is the deal with him? What have you heard, are they thinking about trading him or releasing him. He missed a few games in 2004 but has been steady otherwise. He switched to OLB in the 3-4 last yr so factor that into his stats, which are here: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235200

I think Kampman, Carter or Howard would all be solid additions.

Archived