Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here is the Redskins (Gibbs) almost perfect #2 WR

randythesofine

http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/samhurd.shtml

The guy name is Sam Hurd from Northen Illinois

Height: 6'4 Weight: 194

Sam Hurd is really starting to emerge this year at Northern Illinois. He brings a lot of great physical aspects to the game, and has some of the best hands in college football. He is a smart player who runs crisp routes. He can out muscle players on a jump ball, and can break tackles. One thing I really love about his game is that he might be one of the best blocking receivers in the country. He is never afraid to sacrifice his body to throw down a block to spring a running back free. Hurd really does not have much speed, and doesn't get a great burst off the line. He also isn't an elusive open field player. His overall open field speed could drag down his draft stock a bit. He also should add some more bulk to compliment his great physical game. He is playing against weak defenses of the MAC which could hurt his draft stock. I think Hurd will go somewhere in the fifth round in the 2006 draft.

Strengths:

• Has a great physical style of receiving

• Is a smart player who runs precise routes

• Has great hands

• Terrific run blocker

Weaknesses:

• Doesn't really have good speed and quickness

• Not very elusive with the ball

• Plays against weak competition

Comments anyone?

The problem is you need some semblance or speed/quickness to start at WR in the NFL, even if you are a possesion receiver. We need someone who can start right away.

And a 6'4" frame with just 194 lbs. on it will not cut it

That guy won't work with Brunell. Without the speed and quickness to gain separation, Brunell won't be able to fit the ball in against a defender. The Skins are better served getting another guy with Moss like attributes, than a big possession reciever that needs a QB who can wing it...

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=460

All I hear from different sites is this guy finds a way to get open and catches everything thrown to him. I don't know about you but the Redskins could use someone like that. Also I'm only talking about a 4th to 6th round pick.

• This is a player at the wide receiver position that catches everything thrown his way
  • He has an excellent pair of hands, along with good eye-hand coordination, and the concentration on catching the ball I have not seen in some time, he really takes pride in catching everything thrown his way, who runs crisp precise route patterns
  • He is not a overwhelming athletic presence on the field, but he has good height, better than average athlete, and has the knack for finding open spaces in a defense for his quarterback to find him
  • He is a receiver that may not be great at any one thing but has the overall skill set to become a outstanding second receiver on the next level
  • I am anxious to see more evaluation time on this player, I like his all out approach to the game

Archived