Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin Trivia

Thirtyfive2seven

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold
Charley Taylor.

Who holds the regular-season record for most receiving yards in a game?

this is not fair because I had to look it up, but Wilbur Moore in 1943 had 213 receiving yards.

this is not fair because I had to look it up, but Wilbur Moore in 1943 had 213 receiving yards.

Actually, Anthony Allen had 255 receiving yards on 10/4/1987. It was in a replacement game, but I think the stats still count.

1987St. Louis Cardinals 21 @ Washington Redskins 28no_photo.gifRegular Season: 10/4

<-prev GAME next->Stadium: RFK StadiumAttendance: 27,728Head Coach: Joe Gibbs

1987 Staff || 1987 Roster || 1987 Draft St. Louis Cardinals077721</B>Washington Redskins7714028 Game Recap:

Nobody quite knew what to expect when the strike-replacement Redskins took the field for the first time. What everyone got was the Anthony Allen show. The wide receiver caught seven passes and set a club record with 255 yards receiving as the Scabskins outlasted the Cardinals. St. Louis had 14 veteran players who had ignored the strike and crossed the picket line to play in this game. Quarterback Ed Rubbert quickly established his favorite target, throwing a 34-yard touchdown pass to Allen late in the first quarter. That was the first of two first-half TD connections between those two. That gave the home team a working margin and they held the Cards at arm’s length the rest of the way.

Courtesy of Rich Tandler, author of "Redskins A to Z" and the new book "GutCheck"

Actually, Anthony Allen had 255 receiving yards on 10/4/1987. It was in a replacement game, but I think the stats still count.

1987St. Louis Cardinals 21 @ Washington Redskins 28no_photo.gifRegular Season: 10/4

<-prev GAME next->Stadium: RFK StadiumAttendance: 27,728Head Coach: Joe Gibbs

1987 Staff || 1987 Roster || 1987 Draft St. Louis Cardinals077721</B>Washington Redskins7714028 Game Recap:

Nobody quite knew what to expect when the strike-replacement Redskins took the field for the first time. What everyone got was the Anthony Allen show. The wide receiver caught seven passes and set a club record with 255 yards receiving as the Scabskins outlasted the Cardinals. St. Louis had 14 veteran players who had ignored the strike and crossed the picket line to play in this game. Quarterback Ed Rubbert quickly established his favorite target, throwing a 34-yard touchdown pass to Allen late in the first quarter. That was the first of two first-half TD connections between those two. That gave the home team a working margin and they held the Cards at arm’s length the rest of the way.

Courtesy of Rich Tandler, author of "Redskins A to Z" and the new book "GutCheck"

Yes, Anthony Allen's stats count because it was considered a "regular-season" game, even though the Redskins used replacement players.

In 1989 the Skins had Monk, Clark and sanders rack up 1,000 yards each. I think it was frist done by the Chargers in the early 80's.

Actually? The Chargers had 2 WR's and a TE, but still didn't go over 1000 each. Jefferson, Joiner and Winslow. The 1st "All WR" trio to do it was the '89 Skins. Most recently the '04 Colts.

Archived