Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assuming that Patrick is traded, which route do you go with another QB?

@DCGoldPants

You watch; we're gonna get one of the guys you mention and pay 'em about what Ramsey is making AND they won't be able to handle any more than a pure back up role.

The third string quarterback will make the legal minimum salary. That's one place on your roster you absolutely have to save money unless you've got a bonus baby rookie like Campbell was last season.

Casey Bramlett or someone like him will get the job. Possibly a rookie free agent. The Redskins need cheap young players in a lot of positions to provide depth and future starters. I can't imagine spending a scarce draft choice unless someone was too good to be true. Nor are we going to trade any player we actually like to get a clipboard holder.

Most players mentioned in this thread are out of the question. For example, Tim Hasselbeck already has a job where he is #2. Why would he come here and what would we pay him with? If you already know a QB's name and he isn't in your immediate family, the same considerations probably apply.

guys i like: brad johnson, brian griese, aj feely, david gerrard, billy volek, seneca wallace,

Brad Johnson is the vikes next starting qb

brian griese is too much money for a 3rd String QB

AJ Feely is with the dolphins and they wont let go

David Garrard is good enuff to be a starter so he wont be playin 3rd String QB

The other two r possibilities

i say do nothing this year...trade patrick for something i dont care what just something. Have Brunnel as the starter campbell as the back up and then pick up Jordan Palmer out of UTEP next year. He will be golden just like his brother! Remember you dont HAVE to have a 3rd stringer plus if we get down to third string we may as well put sean taylor in there to scare some people

Archived