Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles FA News......Update 3/8/2006

Number5

? Did you get beat up by an Eagles fan or something when you were a kid ? Your absolute obsession w/ the Eagles and their fans is really bizarre.

No but most of us "have been taunted a second time" by eagles fans, and to quote Dee Snider "We're not gonna take it!" :silly:

No but most of us "have been taunted a second time" by eagles fans, and to quote Dee Snider "We're not gonna take it!" :silly:

HOF44 ~ as well you shouldn't.... but as I'm sure you've seen by reading your board here.... there quite a difference between "not taking it" and what tr1 does.

'eh.... it's good entertainment most days....

peace

You just don't get it. Period. And you're nuts to boot.

tr1, by your assertions, wouldn't the team that spent the most win the SB every year ? Does that happen ?

That's pretty much the end of the discussion right there. You just can't make it so cut and dry as you try to. So many things need to happen and things need to go your way ... spending is only a small part of the big picture...

can I ask you something ? Did you get beat up by an Eagles fan or something when you were a kid ? Your absolute obsession w/ the Eagles and their fans is really bizarre.

TE, easy on the personal attack, okay?

If you don't like my posts, ignore me.

But I'm sorry you don't follow what has happened. By not spending allocated funds for players (i.e., 'saving cap') - those teams who have 'managed' their caps that way - well, all they have done is caused labor strife. The cap was meant to be spent. When teams didn't do that, they were dishonest with the players.

You need look no further than you Eagles for the reason to the en of the CBA, union de-certification and scab players in '08.

Cool, by my count the Skins have 2 asterisks as they only seem to win SBs during strike years. :applause:

Touche!

I was wondering how long it would take someone to catch that.

Though, officially, there are no asterisks in the books... :laugh:

Skins LBTE'd 1.1 million of 05 and carried it to 06. Why didn't they spend all their cap?

WB...don't listen to me...listen to Gene Upshaw. He was describing the Eagles to a T when he said that owners who didn't spend allocated cap were the reason for this situation.

I know the truth is hard to take, but I just wanted you to know...

TE, easy on the personal attack, okay?

If you don't like my posts, ignore me.

But I'm sorry you don't follow what has happened. By not spending allocated funds for players (i.e., 'saving cap') - those teams who have 'managed' their caps that way - well, all they have done is caused labor strife. The cap was meant to be spent. When teams didn't do that, they were dishonest with the players.

You need look no further than you Eagles for the reason to the en of the CBA, union de-certification and scab players in '08.

One must wonder why you spend so much time talking Eagles, yet you continue ignore your own teams problem.

You remind me of my ex-wife. She is quick to examine everyone and call them out, yet, when the fact that she's a lying whore who isn't worthy of her children's love, she some how over looks that! Lol...............

WB...don't listen to me...listen to Gene Upshaw. He was describing the Eagles to a T when he said that owners who didn't spend allocated cap were the reason for this situation.

I know the truth is hard to take, but I just wanted you to know...

Upshaw mentioned the Eagles by name? Link?

Upshaw mentioned the Eagles by name? Link?

I didn't say he said anything specifically about the Eagles. He has mentioned the Redskins as being a team that has lived up to the contract.

Take from it what you will.

I didn't say he said anything specifically about the Eagles. He has mentioned the Redskins as being a team that has lived up to the contract.

Take from it what you will.

Was this before or after he put the pipe down?

Was this before or after he put the pipe down?

Thanks for you insight and contribution.

Always a pleasure to hear from you.

Oh, and looks like the CBA talks are back on.

Who's gonna be cryin' at midnight? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was damn funny, N5.

Thanks bro.....like Richard Pryor said, "The funniest jokes are normally the truths that hurt you the most!"

Anyways, I'm at work, whats new on the labor front? Inbetween customers crying about SIM cards and old people who can't find their bills, I can't search like I want to!

Thanks bro.....like Richard Pryor said, "The funniest jokes are normally the truths that hurt you the most!"

Anyways, I'm at work, whats new on the labor front? Inbetween customers crying about SIM cards and old people who can't find their bills, I can't search like I want to!

From what I can gather, FA has been delayed until 6:00 Sunday, and if a team waived a player already, they will be given a chance to nullify the cut.

So they are allowing cuts to be voided? That sucks because many a player is going to be pissed off. All I can say is that alot of trust is going to lost and guys will take alot of things personal...especially some of the long time players who have been with their teams forever ala Will Shields, etc.

So they are allowing cuts to be voided? That sucks because many a player is going to be pissed off. All I can say is that alot of trust is going to lost and guys will take alot of things personal...especially some of the long time players who have been with their teams forever ala Will Shields, etc.

Per KFFL any player you put on waivers you're allowed to claim back until Free Agency becomes more clear.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1141290767137870.xml&coll=5

Eagles mum on free-agency plans

Several holes in need of filling

Thursday, March 02, 2006

By MARK ECKEL

Staff Writer

Unless, as some predict, the free-agency period is postponed a month as the players' union and the owners attempt to get a new collective bargaining agreement in place, the market will open tomorrow.

The Eagles, who as always are quiet on their plans, look to be players -- perhaps minor ones -- in this year's free-agent endeavors.

Head coach Andy Reid has always said he'd rather build through the draft and use free agency to add a player here or there as needed.

Reid's team, coming off a 6-10 season, has many needs. In Reid's first offseason of 1999 he signed five free agents.

The Eagles could use help on both lines, and will probably look to sign a free agent to bolster at least one side of the line.

Offensively, they could also use a wide receiver, a tight end, a backup quarterback and perhaps a running back. Defensively, a linebacker would be nice, but the team in the past has not spent freely on that position.

For that matter, under Reid, the only big-money free agents the team has signed were right tackle Jon Runyan, a free agent himself this year, in 2000, and defensive end Javon Kearse in 2004.

In seven previous offseasons, Reid has signed a total of 19 unrestricted free agents, and 10 came in his first two years.

Reid's best free-agent crop came in 2000 when he not only made Runyan his top priority, but also added linebacker Carlos Emmons to a modest three-year, $4.5 million deal; returnman Brian Mitchell; backup defensive tackle Paul Grasmanis; and tight end/long snapper Mike Bartrum.

Last offseason was Reid's least busy and least productive dip in the pool when all he did was sign backup quarterback Mike McMahon.

What should Eagles fans expect this year?

A hard look at a pair of players from NFC Champion Seattle, maybe, but just maybe a look at a player from the Super Bowl champion Steelers, a mild look at a linebacker from Carolina, and an strong effort for Terrell Owens' second-least favorite quarterback.

Here are some names being tossed around.

Steve Hutchinson, G, Seattle -- The Eagles, like all 31 other teams, would love Hutchinson. Seattle tagged him with the transition label, which means it can match any offer and keep him. There is a better chance of getting that space needle out of Seattle.

Rocky Bernard, DT, Seattle -- Bernard, and his 8 1/2 sacks, could be had, simply because the Seahawks -- despite good cap room -- can't keep everyone. They also have depth at defensive tackle. Bernard's quick first step and ability to collapse the pocket are perfect for Jim Johnson's defense. And his name fits Philadelphia.

Antwaan Randle-El, WR, Pittsburgh -- The fleet receiver's name slipped out even before the Super Bowl as an Eagles target. It might not happen. The Steelers would like to keep him, and Washington and Chicago, his hometown team, are also involved. The Eagles may flirt with him, but don't expect them to bring him home.

Will Witherspoon, LB, Carolina -- He would be a huge upgrade on the weak side, as a complete three-down linebacker who can blitz and cover. However, Witherspoon will draw league-wide interest and has also made it clear he wants to stay with the Panthers.

Jeff Garcia, QB, Detroit -- If the Eagles haven't stuck it to Owens enough, now they are interested in Garcia to be Donovan McNabb's backup. Imagine the small talk in the quarterback meetings. Garcia, who turned 36 last week, did not play all that well in Detroit last year. He threw twice as many as interceptions (6) than touchdowns (3) for a quarterback rating of 65.1.

(Tomorrow: A look at the Eagles' free agents.)

-- -- --

Contact Mark Eckel at meckel@njtimes.com.

Archived