Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's a good thing we weren't in the Superbowl...

georgiaredskin

(because of the odds for next year, and you know no matter how good we would have played, especially the way the Refs loved on us this year, Pittsburgh would of had it no matter what)

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9220382

Seahawks not a good bet for Super return in '07

Feb. 10, 2006

By Clark Judge

CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Now that Super Bowl XL is complete, the question is: Who's likely to make it to Super Bowl XLI? I don't know, either, but I can tell you who probably won't.

Seahawks fans probably won't need to worry about getting robbed in Super Bowl XLI. (AP)

Will the Seattle Seahawks please stand up?

The Seahawks were the losers of Super Bowl XL, and that all but disqualifies them from contention in 2006. Not because they might not re-sign free agents Shaun Alexander or guard Steve Hutchinson or defensive tackle Rocky Bernard.

No, because they were the unlucky loser of this season's most significant event.

Teams that lose Super Bowls historically fail the following years, and don't take it from me. Take it from Philadelphia. Or Carolina. Or Oakland. Of the past seven Super Bowl losers, six didn't return to the playoffs. What's worse, all but Tennessee -- which lost Super Bowl XXXIV to the Rams -- failed to have winning records.

You can look it up.

please tell me this is a joke, i came to this site for 10 minutes and saw two stupid threads, one saying we need another running back besides portis..and this one, GOOD THING THE REDSKINS WERENT IN THE SUPER BOWL??? what are u a cowgirls fan, get outa here with that, i didnt even read your post because your an ignorant cowgirls fan and get no respect from me, how can anyone claim to be a skins fan and say that, you have over 2000 posts on this site and not one of them is relivant because of this one single post, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, no matter when they go to the super bowl

please tell me this is a joke, i came to this site for 10 minutes and saw two stupid threads, one saying we need another running back besides portis..and this one, GOOD THING THE REDSKINS WERENT IN THE SUPER BOWL??? what are u a cowgirls fan, get outa here with that, i didnt even read your post because your an ignorant cowgirls fan and get no respect from me, how can anyone claim to be a skins fan and say that, you have over 2000 posts on this site and not one of them is relivant because of this one single post, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, no matter when they go to the super bowl

Hey man calm it. You gotta respect guys who have been on this board longer than you. And i agree with him. Last year wasnt our year. It was a great building block, but we werent complete enough, and it showed against Seattle. Next year man, next year.

The skins now have the best coaching staff ever in the NFL, arguably we have the best RB in the NFC, the best WR in the NFL, one of the best Ds and an O that is getting better all the time, but that being said we were never going to the SB this year, we have too many holes that need filing, especially with regard to DEs and depth in many positions, next season those holes will be filled, and the NFL had better look out the redskins will be on a major warpath, I can see the skins only losing one or two games next season, so we get to play all the playoffs at fedex. As much as it hurts me to say it I have to agree with georgiaredskin, afterall, who wants to see their team get to the big dance only to be a wall flower all night, especially if no one asks you to dance at all, and you get to go home with nothing. I love the skins as much as i love all the other teams in the different football codes i am interested in but we all really need to keep a foot in the land of reality.

GO SKINS:HAIL TO ALL THOSE WHO LOVE THE SKINS!!

When you are on this board long enough, maybe you'll realize that the title of every thread is not all that it seems. Or, go figure, that there is a bit or a big bit of sarcasm involved?

I never would ever truly think it is a good thing the Skins weren't in the Superbowl. But if you actually take time to read the article, it is interesting. And based on the Refs this year with us, the way they favored Pittsburgh, and the odds detailed in the article, we probably would have been a wallflower with little chance of a successful year next year. Just like the odd fact that most big snowstorms hit on the weekend. I thought this was an interesting stat to share.

actually,we need BETTIS TYPE rb TO SPOT cp on 3rd downs,that way he can get some rest on 3rd downs and stay fresher,too bad we cant get lendale white from USC.

you need to get out of there........how can you even reply if u didn't read the post...i'm not gonna waste my time with u....PATHETIC...:doh:

I would think no team is better to break that trend than the Seahawks. The have a solid core and play in a suspect division.

We shall see....

Either way I am liking the SKINS if we meet in the playoffs next year

Yeah, I certainly don't like this trend. I wonder if it is a psychological thing, when really a team should feel awesome that they were even in the Superbowl. I can totally see the Seahawks bucking the trend out of anger of unfairness with the Refs. After all the bull-honkey we went through with Tampa and Denver, it seems we rebounded very well after that this year.

The article talk about the last seven years, all the Superbowl losers failed to make it to the playoffs. The Bills four-peat of Superbowl trips was more than seven years ago.
The point I'm making is that too much has been made of what is only a fairly recent trend. Super Bowl losers have had plenty of success in the past.

No more ifs and buts, let's focus on next year. It would have been amazing if we made the superbowl, but we got beat by a better team. By the way, does anyone have the odds for last year's season? I know odds and stats are not something to rely on, but I was just curious.

Archived