Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

.0033814159408739 13424255099428845 %

nelms

What country are we declaring war on?

I don't know you tell me since we are in this great state of war. Congress should have declared war on Afghanistan, maybe even Saudi Arabia. Hell WWI was started for less than the Saudi's guilt in 9/11.

On edit: Have to go back to work, so don't think that just because I don't respond that I have given up.

Sic Semper Tyrannis damn it.

Oh, just for once? Are you sure? Just this one time? Thats a slippery slope, my friend.

A slippery slope is the only path we are afforded. Terrorists are in our country. The question seems to be not if but when we will be attacked.

The only slippery slope I see is the one that has us reeling from a nuclear / biological attack within our own borders and choosing to tie our hands behind our backs in an attempt to stop it from happening.

I don't know you tell me since we are in this great state of war. Congress should have declared war on Afghanistan, maybe even Saudi Arabia. Hell WWI was started for less than the Saudi's guilt in 9/11.

My point is we have terrorists who will do us harm. Where do we send our declaration of war?

I addressed that in my previous post PS. My opinion is that the AMERICAN line that needs towing right now is outlined in our Bill of Rights and Constitution... otherwise, there is no America. It is that simple.

And I would ask you to include a thought for the providing of common defense that is promised in our Constitution while we are worried about our phone conversations being overheard.

The Government has a duty to protect us. If they do not what does all the sabre-rattling about freedoms matter?

First, I'm not you're buddy. Second, the focused effort indicates that the wiretapping is based on reasonable suspicion, so it does matter.

First - just trying to get attention with the "buddy" comment. It seemed you were conveniently ingoring my points. I apologize.

Second - yes it indicates a "reasonable suspicion." Yet it does not indicate whether it is a reasonable suspicion of terror or something else. Remember, the issue here is whether procedures have been followed - not presence of "reasonable suspicion."

Is there anything worth dying for?

If so, is freedom one of them?

Which is why our President is doing what is necessary to stop those that would take away our freedom, our life, our liberty, our pursuit of happiness.

Aren't you conflicted about who the REAL enemy of freedom in this country is right now. What does this say about our Republic that we are more worried if a single man in an oval office is more dangerous to our collective way of life than hundreds and thousands of terrorists with the capability of striking us with devastating force?

We are at war. Period. Every single point you made goes out the window. Furthermore, the freedoms that our forefathers died for are being attacked as we speak. We just disagree as to who is attacking us.(Democrats seem to have the same problem) Which is why it is a good thing you are not making policy decisions for our country.

"War with Terror" and "War with Ignorance" are similar in that neither can ever be won. Neither will ever be over. "we are at war" argument is moot. :2cents:

Which is why our President is doing what is necessary to stop those that would take away our freedom, our life, our liberty, our pursuit of happiness.

stopping? or contributing?

Aren't you conflicted about who the REAL enemy of freedom in this country is right now. What does this say about our Republic that we are more worried if a single man in an oval office is more dangerous to our collective way of life than hundreds and thousands of terrorists with the capability of striking us with devastating force?

Look, I think we've reached a point in the discussion where it is obvious neither of us will change the other's mind. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue.

The only thing I will add is that I have no illusions about who the enemy is, and how important this war is. I am all for doing everything we can to stop them. I just think there are some lines that should NEVER be crossed, and this is one of them.

Last word is yours. :)

"War with Terror" and "War with Ignorance" are similar in that neither can ever be won. Neither will ever be over. "we are at war" argument is moot. :2cents:

There are some in this country that said at the critical point that we could not stop Hitler.

Your argument about "we can't" does not stop the country "that will".

There are some in this country that said at the critical point that we could not stop Hitler.

Your argument about "we can't" does not stop the country "that will".

Hitler is a man. A man can be stopped by other men or Death itself.

Terrorism and Ignorance are concepts. You cannot declare a War on Concept and act like it's wartime.

Hitler is a man. A man can be stopped by other men or Death itself.

Terrorism and Ignorance are concepts. You cannot declare a War on Concept and act like it's wartime.

Shall we sit back and allow the wave to overtake us then?

As if terrorists play by the golden rule... LOL

You be nice to me and I will be nice to you.....LOL

**edit** and Alex's special addendum...

If you are not nice to me I will still be nice to you....LOL

Shall we sit back and allow the wave to overtake us then?

As if terrorists play by the golden rule... LOL

You be nice to me and I will be nice to you.....LOL

Terrorists play by terrorist rules.

We play by American rules.

Terrorists hate American rules. They want us to stop playing by American rules.

Terrorst attack.

We stop playing by American rules.

Terorrist succeed.

Terrorists play by terrorist rules.

Terrorists hate American rules. They want us to stop playing by American rules.

Terrorst attack.

We stop playing by American rules.

Terorrist succeed.

Terrorists hate ANY rules that are not their rules.

American do not play with Terrorists rules.

Terrorists attack.

American play by American rules until Terrorists kill 3,000 people.

Americans stop playing with Terrorists.

Americans defeat terrorists by prooccupying their sacred lands and spreading American rules.

Terrorists can not afford to let Muslims taste American rules because American rules are better.

Terrorist try to attack but Americans stopped playing a long time ago.

Now it is serious and the Terrorists do not know what to do.

Americans can start playing again when those with Terrorist rules lose.

No, we stopped playing with terrorists.

Problem with that?

No, I do not think we should play with terrorists. There was time to play games but that time is over. This is serious business. Let's get them all and cut off their testicles to show them we aint playin'.

Originally Posted by portisizzle

American play by American rules until Terrorists kill 3,000 people

=

We stopped playing by Clinton / Carter / liberal / French / cheesepuff rules

Okay cool, as long as we agree that everybody should still follow the law.

For a second there I thought by "playing games" you meant "follow law"

No, I do not think we should play with terrorists. There was time to play games but that time is over. This is serious business. Let's get them all and cut off their testicles to show them we aint playin'.

I think I will stay with the plan in place. Why cut their testicles off? To make up for the televised beheadings of our innocent civilians?

.........oh, just checking..................

Archived