Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On Madden 2006, the Redskins overall team rating has increased.

flexxskins

Yeah the ratings are all screwy in the game for sure, I went through though and updated all the ratings myself and saved it to my harddrive since I don't have online. They had Steve Smith as something like an 85 overall, and Moss was definitely hurting as well, just wacky ratings across the board. I really want to use Campbell in my franchise, but for some reason it seems like the game hates the guy. I played an entire season with him last fall, it was decent (something like an 87 QB rating) and he barely progressed at all, that 65 awareness was killing me, and after progression it was only up to about 70.

The PS2 update came out on Dec. 20th or 22nd. They should update it after the Pro-Bowl. This update will allow you to use the people who are on injured reserve. They usually update them on a Tuesday.
So, (if I am understanding you correctly) then I will be able to use David Patten online after the Pro-Bowl?

• 3 weeks later...
They released the Final Roster update today.(PS2) No Nemo. Cooley is a 90 listed as a FB.

I've had that roster for 2 weeks. Moss is 91, Cooley is 90 as a FB (85 at TE when you change his info so he's listed as a TE). However, I can't use this roster online for some reason. I know it was downloaded at some point, it just appeared one day for me and I use it offline but it still has the same old rosters online. I don't understand.

They released the Final Roster update today.(PS2) No Nemo. Cooley is a 90 listed as a FB.

They make anybody else better. I wish they would make rogers and springs catching rating better. They have the worst hands, then any CBs in the game. EA messed up on that one. Thats the only beef i have with the skins on the game. They drop to many interceptions.

What kind of subsitutions do you guys make in a game?

I sub Dockery for Brown and A.Brown for Moss on KR and PR.

Online i make a few subs. I put Sellers at FB and Cooley at TE. Then I substitute to put Cooley at FB in the I form close (royal as TE) and 3 WR and in the Split Backs 3 WR and in Goaline I move Sellers to TE with Cooley at FB. The reason being these are the formations that have good routes for FBs and Sellers just isn't fast enough. The PA TE Leak out of I form close is money, Cooley is almost always open for 6 yards in the flat and it's a play action that allows you to get the ball off even against the blitz.

On D I put in Marcus Washington over Lemar in the nickel 2 LB packages and Lavar in the 1 LB sets. Depending on who I'm playing I also like to play around with MW and Mcune as DEs in 1-2 LB sets. Also, Holdman as the backup MLB if you're using a playbook that has a 3-4 package in it.

Its still the same. Most of the CBs on the game rating is in the 70's. This sucks, cause they drop so many interception.

yeah they do, I have a few every game it seems like. Our safeties are even worse about that, though. Honestly, I would say Lavar in zone coverage gets most of my picks unless they're user picks with ST

yeah they do, I have a few every game it seems like. Our safeties are even worse about that, though. Honestly, I would say Lavar in zone coverage gets most of my picks unless they're user picks with ST

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. ST is a beast to take control of for sure. I've only played 3 games online b/c I just my network adapter. But my 2nd game I had 2 INT(1 user pick), 2 forced fumbles and a defensive TD.

I get alot with LaVar also. He's a beast.

MW drops a lot of picks, too. I usually play with ST but I've started playing with Lemar on 1st and 2nd down a lot more. You're so much more effective if you can stop the run with the MLB and let the safeties do their thing plus in my base 4-3 man under Marshall NEVER gets out there on flat routes so I just play the run and flats myself.

What are some of you guys' favorite things to do (out of Gibbs playbook) in the passing game? My running game is excellent but it seems like unless I play action and pump fake twice (wonder if you're gonna take a sack doing that ::sarcasm::) I can't get anyone open. It's like if I don't get the ground game going, then sprinkle in some play action, then add some spread set runs, then, finally add some straight up pass plays I can't anything going. People who play good D don't have much trouble stopping my passing game. On the other hand, I'm a defensive player first and foremost but I get tired of losing these low scoring games because I can't pass well when I need to. I'm good with the vision, reasonably good at making reads, I just can't seem to get people open.

Anyone care to share their thoughts/ideas on the Skins passing game?

Archived