Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monk slipping from public view?

Spaceman Spiff

Searched for this, couldn't find anything about it..so my apologies if its already posted..

anyway, was on espn.com and they had a vote for the hall of fame....monk only received 56.8% of the vote...

We all know how great Monk was for us, we don't have to rehash it...but maybe the fact that he flew under a lot of peoples radar for his career is working against him when it comes to the HOF....if the results for this poll are accurate, i have a feeling that not many outisde Redskin Nation are lobbying for him to get to the Hall....

Who should be in the Hall?

Thank you for voting. See below to see who SportsNation thinks should head to Canton. Remember, on the official ballot, a candidate must get 80 percent of the vote to be elected with a minimum of three and a maximum of six getting in. If fewer than three get 80 percent, the candidate with the next highest percentage will be elected.

(Players with 80 percent of the vote appear in bold.)

Which players would get your Hall of Fame vote? (vote for as many as desired)

87.2% Reggie White (Eagles, 1985-92; Packers, 1993-98; Panthers, 2000)

2nd all-time with 198 sacks, 13 straight Pro Bowls, 1 Super Bowl title

82.9% Troy Aikman (Dallas Cowboys, 1989-2000)

32,942 pass yds, 165 TD, 3 Super Bowl titles

65.5% John Madden (Oakland Raiders, 1969-78)

Best win pct. all-time (.759), 1 Super Bowl title

61.1% Warren Moon (Oilers,'84-93; Vikings,'94-96; Seahawks,'97-98; Chiefs,'99-00)

49,325 pass yds, 291 TD, 9-time Pro Bowl selection

56.8% Art Monk (Redskins, 1980-93; Jets, 1994; Eagles, 1995)

12,271 rec. yds, 68 TD, 3 Super Bowl titles

53.6% Derrick Thomas (Kansas City Chiefs, 1989-99)

126.5 sacks, 9-time Pro Bowl selection

51.7% Michael Irvin (Dallas Cowboys, 1988-99)

11,904 rec. yds, 65 TD, 3 Super Bowl titles

45.4% Thurman Thomas (Buffalo Bills, 1988-99; Miami Dolphins, 2000)

16,532 yds from scrimmage, 88 TD, 5-time Pro Bowl selection

29.1% L.C. Greenwood (Pittsburgh Steelers, 1969-81)

73.5 sacks, 6-time Pro Bowl selection, 4 Super Bowl titles

20.8% Harry Carson (New York Giants, 1976-88)

9-time Pro Bowl selection, 1 Super Bowl title

18.3% Gary Zimmerman (Minnesota Vikings, 1986-92; Denver Broncos, 1993-97)

7-time Pro Bowl selection, 1 Super Bowl title

18.0% Russ Grimm (Washington Redskins, 1981-91)

4-time Pro Bowl selection, 3 Super Bowl titles

16.4% Rayfield Wright (Dallas Cowboys, 1967-79)

6-time Pro Bowl selection, 2 Super Bowl titles

9.9% Bob Kuechenberg (Miami Dolphins, 1970-84)

6-time Pro Bowl selection, 2 Super Bowl titles

8.2% Claude Humphrey (Atlanta Falcons 1968-78; Philadelphia Eagles 1979-81)

122 sacks, 6-time Pro Bowl selection

Remember, on the official ballot, a candidate must get 80 percent of the vote to be elected with a minimum of three and a maximum of six getting in. If fewer than three get 80 percent, the candidate with the next highest percentage will be elected.

(Players with 80 percent of the vote appear in bold.)

alot of that voting is ppl who are fans of a certain team,i wouldnt put much stock in it.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

You guys are missing the point.

This is a public poll, yes, and it shows that Monk is slipping from the public view. As time goes on, who is going to remember Art Monk besides us Redskins fans?

Does anyone remember Rayfield Wright besides Cowboys fans? Probably not. I'd never heard of this guy until a few weeks ago. I guarantee it won't be long before Monk is in the same shoes as Wright.

You guys are missing the point.

This is a public poll, yes, and it shows that Monk is slipping from the public view. As time goes on, who is going to remember Art Monk besides us Redskins fans?

Does anyone remember Rayfield Wright besides Cowboys fans? Probably not. I'd never heard of this guy until a few weeks ago. I guarantee it won't be long before Monk is in the same shoes as Wright.

Slipping from view? Perhaps....but still getting more votes than Irvin. :cheers:

Look at Crackle Irvins numbers compared to Monks and people are whinning he didn't get in. What would be a travesty is Irvin getting in before Monk. Not only did Monk put up better numbers than Irvin he didn't have all the off-field crap following him around. Maybe Monk needs to get on TV and talk real loud about nothing to get noticed.

Archived