Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins black jerseys...

dcsmooth

If I were to get one it sure wouldn't be Santana's. People might think I'm repping Oakland with Moss on the jersey. You people need to lighten up these colors are only for casual outings not meant to be used in games. I guess colors are the only thing that makes you a true fan. :doh:

ohh did I forget something are we now the Oakland Redskins those things are hideous and for the ones who like them ARE NOT true fans blast me if you will but we have a traditional colors here Burgundy and Gold if you dont like it trade in your 89 moss for18 moss!!!

I feel the exact same way as my first reaction was: Ugly as hell!

If I were to get one it sure wouldn't be Santana's. People might think I'm repping Oakland with Moss on the jersey. You people need to lighten up these colors are only for casual outings not meant to be used in games. I guess colors are the only thing that makes you a true fan. :doh:
only stupid people would think your reppin moss from oakland considering his number is 18 not 89

ohh did I forget something are we now the Oakland Redskins those things are hideous and for the ones who like them ARE NOT true fans blast me if you will but we have a traditional colors here Burgundy and Gold if you dont like it trade in your 89 moss for18 moss!!!

I have a Theismann, Riggins, Arrington, Portis, Bailey (soon to be renamed to Springs) in B&G, a Moss in white, an Arrington Pro-Bowl Jersey, and a Portis black and white. Seems to me that any jersey you buy supporting the team, in ANY color, is supporting the team.

And for the record, our "traditional colors" are burgundy and white. Those were our old school colors through the 30s, 40s and 50s. http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/index.htm will give you the history of the Skins uniforms, as well as many other teams, and have representative figures back to 1959. Look at the pictures for 1959. We didn't adopt the yellow pants until 1961, and even then, there was no yellow on the jersey. There was no yellow on the jersey until 1969. Starting in 1932, that means that we've had 37 years WITHOUT the gold on jerseys, and 36 years with it. If you're going to whine about "traditional colors," make sure you know what they are first.

Get off the "True Fan" BS. That's as stupid as me saying that if you don't own 8 team jerseys you're not a true fan. What crap. If you're going to exclude fellow fans for the manner in which they support the team, go be a Eagles fan.

as said in my thread,,,,,i want some sort of Black jerz but it needs some color

Why does everyone want to look like the bloody Raiders?!?!? This is all a fad! Burgundy and Gold forver!

On another note, I can't believe that the mods are gonna have to combine 3 threads about this same topic.

And i really just want to see it for 1 game per-season, training camp, whatever,,, just once....

Get off the "True Fan" BS. That's as stupid as me saying that if you don't own 8 team jerseys you're not a true fan. What crap. If you're going to exclude fellow fans for the manner in which they support the team, go be a Eagles fan.

I was gonna say the same thing, except I was gonna be a lil bit nicer, heh. I have a Portis Black and White jersey and get about 15 compliments/where did you get it from whenever I wear it. It Hasn't seen much action since our loss to Seattle though :(

Why not Pastel Blue?

Why not change colors every year?

Why not all teams wear Black and White?

Because its not a real uniform

When a soldier wears a uniform from the opposition they call him a SPY..... or a Traitor

If fans want to indulge Gangsta Colors so be it (NFL marketing),

I will continue with my 30 YEAR tradition of Burgundy and Gold (Ketchup and Mustard)

Why not Pastel Blue?

When a soldier wears a uniform from the opposition they call him a SPY..... or a Traitor

I will continue with my 30 YEAR tradition of Burgundy and Gold (Ketchup and Mustard)

Actually, Reebok did in fact do black and white jerseys for all NFL teams. NBA teams as well. However, I wasn't aware that black and white were "Gangsta Colors." Wow, you learn sumthin new everyday.

Why not Pastel Blue?

black-and-white-shirt-copy.jpg

A picture for all my true gangstas. Keep your head up, son.

Actually, Reebok did in fact do black and white jerseys for all NFL teams. NBA teams as well. However, I wasn't aware that black and white were "Gangsta Colors." Wow, you learn sumthin new everyday.

The following is a link for gangs and supporting team colors

the predominate color.......black

http://www.chitown.com/bigshoulders/gngcolor.html

Also

Its not TEAMS that got the Black and White Jerseys.....it was the Fans

When all TEAMS go black and white.....I'll sell my color TV

Also

I have a closet full of black shirts. Oh NOES! So everytime I go out old white guys think I'm part of some gang. I think I'm going to change my colors to teal just because of you.

Also

Wow. I guess since black is some bad gang color, we should all skip weddings and funerals. Call the POW\MIA association and have them change their logo, too. I'll be back in a minute, have to go sell my Harley since it's black. Also, have to take the bottoms off all my boots and change out several pairs of shoelaces. The buttons on my cell phone, all my DVD cases, a whole bunch of hangers, the power cord plugging my computer in, a couple of pens here, probably should pluck out all my eyelashes... DAMN, I've got a lot of black stuff to get rid of so I don't get mistaken for a supporter of some crap gang. :rubeyes:

Hey, the predominant military color is OD Green, followed by Black and Brown. Does this mean you have a problem with the yellow ribbons everybody's sporting to support the military? Yellow isn't the old school team-Army color. Should we swap out all those yellow car magnets for some camo ribbons? Come on.:doh:

Gang affiliation is a pretty weak reason for not wearing a certain color jersey. Unless, of course, you are some dirtbag gang member who takes it seriously. If you don't like it, fine. I wouldn't want to change the team colors to black and white, either. That doesn't change the fact that there's nothing wrong with a fan supporting his team by buying a team jersey, made by the official supplier, probably purchased from the team shop, that lacks all normal color. There was a great sweatshirt earlier this year in the Skins shop which was black with the Indianhead logo in white on it. Must have been fairly popular, because it's been sold out when I've gone looking for it.

The point is, you don't like it, fine, don't like it. But why does everybody have to start making references to gang colors and who's a true fan and who's not because of how they support the team? I don't recall anybody posting on here that they sacrifice a live chicken before kickoff and write "REDSKINS" across their ass in chicken blood. That's one of those ways of supporting the team I think should probably be questioned and discouraged / prevented. Buying a black jersey for a burgundy and gold team... I think we can just all just step back and appreciate the fact that somebody is supporting their team in their own way and not hurting anybody.

black and white....the 2 most dominate colors and the two colors that seem to match with anything. you dont think this could be a reason a lot of people (gangstas?) wear it. dont be so ignorant with your racial profiling

Archived