Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Arena Football Team

AbleDanger

• 4 weeks later...
I think Dan will put this off until the skins win the super bowl again.

That's a good possibility. Redskins are his priority and should be. It kind of irks me though that he leveled the Capitols Centre and sold it to a developer who made into a shopping center. He could have put the team there.

That's a good possibility. Redskins are his priority and should be. It kind of irks me though that he leveled the Capitols Centre and sold it to a developer who made into a shopping center. He could have put the team there.

He didn't own the Capital Center.

Danny boy signed a patent with the trademark office for the rights to the name Washington Warriors. There was some talk that there would be a team in 07 and they would wear the throwback spear helmet/uni's.

That would be cool to see it finally happen. I would personally prefer something different like the "Washington Warpath." "Warriors" is kind of overdone.

That would be cool to see it finally happen. I would personally prefer something different like the "Washington Warpath." "Warriors" is kind of overdone.
warpath sounds like some dumb expansion nam with no creativity: id like the name wshington wariors. outside the NBA who else has wariors? i can think of other leagues that over do names like giants and such...

warpath sounds like some dumb expansion nam with no creativity: id like the name wshington wariors. outside the NBA who else has wariors? i can think of other leagues that over do names like giants and such...

Although there are not many professional teams with the name "Warriors," there are plenty of high schools that have it (my high school mascot was a Warrior). In additon, warrior is a phrase that's overdone in movies and the media. Remember that crappy movie about those gangs? The name "Warriors" lacks creativity and is a bit cliche`.

"Warpath" is not overdone and it has a clear link to the Redskins because it is taken out of a line in our fight song..."braves on the warpath."

Average attendance in the AFL for 2005 was 12,829. Tampa averaged 15,518. Philly averaged 16,121. New Orleans averaged 15,338. Colorado was over 13,000, Chicago over 14,000, and Columbus over 15,000. Columbus had over 17,000 three times and Tampa had over 18,000 twice.

Average attendance in the AFL for 2005 was 12,829. Tampa averaged 15,518. Philly averaged 16,121. New Orleans averaged 15,338. Colorado was over 13,000, Chicago over 14,000, and Columbus over 15,000. Columbus had over 17,000 three times and Tampa had over 18,000 twice.

The AFL is a growing league.

Archived