Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Men Angry at Drawings Surround Gaza Office

Baculus

Men Angry at Drawings Surround Gaza Office

By IBRAHIM BARZAK, Associated Press Writer Thu Feb 2, 9:06 AM ET

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Armed militants angered by a cartoon drawing of the Prophet Muhammad published in European media surrounded EU offices in Gaza Thursday and threatened to kidnap foreigners as outrage over the caricatures spread across the Islamic world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/ap_on_re_mi_ea/palestinians_prophet_drawings_1;_ylt=AvqCqSLxw6xqNp2tswqz4FEUvioA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

EDIT: I think the irony of these people's reactions to a drawing is lost on these people. "The infidels are accusing us of being violent - KILL THEM."

Radicalism at is worst...

wait a sec.

The terrorstinians are threatening violence because of a CARTOON that portrayed them as violent?

Am I missing something?

Not to defend those whackjobs - but, the article doesn't say anything about them being made about being portrayed as violent. They are mad because Muhhamed was displayed at all - idolatry.

Not to defend those whackjobs - but, the article doesn't say anything about them being made about being portrayed as violent. They are mad because Muhhamed was displayed at all - idolatry.

hmm. I would say BS, but I'm to the point that nothing those whackjobs do suprises me.

Yes - the anger is due to the fact that an image of Mohammed was portrayed in the cartoon. They consider that impermissible.

Not saying that the reaction is warranted, but we should understand the basis of it.

Even if that is the case, the incident for outrage just seem so...out of place. And crazy. Such anger doesn't ever seem to be directed towards real reasons to be pissed, such as corrupt Middle Eastern leaders.

Archived