Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else think 'Kyle Vanden Bosch' would be a good DE?

Demicidal

Yea I like him but I really like Aaron Kampman a lot who is also a free agent and probably a little cheaper. He's coming off a good year but wasn't as mainsteamed as Von den Bosch

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=8&c=1&nid=1732060&refid=1

Size wise they are very similar both with good weight and height.

Kampman is 64 284

VDB is 64 278

Kampman is 1 year younger

First impressions (sacks this year) say that VDB is a better pass rusher. But, not by a lot. What doesn't show in the statline is pressure and I have a very good friend who worships the packers and has praised Kampman all year for how well he has gotten pressure.

As far as run stopping, Kampman definately has the edge. He was #4 this year for tackles by a DE. He is great in pursuit and never quits.

Reading the packers forums they all have him as their #1 offseasn priority but the Packers are known for not doing well in resigning their FA's.

Yea I like him but I really like Aaron Kampman a lot who is also a free agent and probably a little cheaper. He's coming off a good year but wasn't as mainsteamed as Von den Bosch

Now we are talkin.....D-line pickups is deffinitely a good subject to be on. I like both mentioned, either would help bring playmaking ability to our line.

Size wise they are very similar both with good weight and height.

Kampman is 64 284

VDB is 64 278

Kampman is 1 year younger

First impressions (sacks this year) say that VDB is a better pass rusher. But, not by a lot. What doesn't show in the statline is pressure and I have a very good friend who worships the packers and has praised Kampman all year for how well he has gotten pressure.

As far as run stopping, Kampman definately has the edge. He was #4 this year for tackles by a DE. He is great in pursuit and never quits.

I definately like Kampman as well, but we have to remember who he was playing across from. I realize that doesn't affect his motor, which I feel is one of his better aspects. I would definately like to see him here nxt year.

Nobody that gets 12.5 sacks is a sleeper.

Apparently, the coaches don't seem to like the small speed rushers. That makes it tough to get the 10+ sack guy that we desperately need.

Kyle Vanden Bosch is one of the few proven rushers out there that still has good size. The other one would be Darren Howard.

I wouldn't mind giving Kalimba Edwards a shot, too.

So, yes, Kyle would be a good DE for us, if we can afford him.

Too bad he's average. The Tennessee D-line coach is great. He can turn an average player and make him good. Look at Jevon Kearse...and how much impact he is having in Philly. :laugh:

You do realize Gregg Williams was running the D when the Titans drafted Jevon and he had his best years under Williams. So maybe Vanden Bosch would improve with our coaching staff.

Both Kampman and Vanden Bosch would be nice pickups my only concern with Bosch is that he has been very injury prone and I would be a little hesitant to give him a huge deal. Kampman fits the mold perfectly of a Blache D-Linemen almost the same size as Daniels and Wynn so Kampman maybe the more natural fit for what our D coaches expect from the DE, as far as running stopping.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

The great thing about Kampman and Vaden Bosch, is that I like both of them. Either one I'd be satisfied in B&G and I think they could make an impact on this defense. Both have the size to stop the run and the versatility to create pressure.

The thing with Vaden Bosch is that he has been injured a lot, and because of his breakout year might be asking for a bigger pay check than Kampman.

Either of these guys would be GREAT!!!!!

I love Wynn's run stopping ability but he doesn't get anywhere near the QB and when he's healthy Daniels is a good pass rusher but he would be much better if he had someone on the other side bringing heavy pressure.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Any one else think Kyle Vanden Bosch will command a decent sized contract that the Redskins most likely will not be able to afford?

Seriously, 12.5 sacks + UFA + Tennessee really wanting to keep him = more than the Redskins will spend on a DE that probably isn't a big enough upgrade over the current players....

Any one else think Kyle Vanden Bosch will command a decent sized contract that the Redskins most likely will not be able to afford?

Seriously, 12.5 sacks + UFA + Tennessee really wanting to keep him = more than the Redskins will spend on a DE that probably isn't a big enough upgrade over the current players....

The Titans are in a much better salary cap situation this offseason, with around 10 million dollars or so to toy around with according to newspaper reports.

The question is whether or not the Titans will be willing to meet VanderBosch's contract demands coming off of an excellent season. Considering the many holes that need to be filled on that team and the fact that they have invested recent draft choices on the defensive line, they may be willing to let Vander Bosch walk if the price isn't right.

Archived