Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Randy Thomas is the ONLY Reason...

AUviaDC101

I don't believe Randy Thomas was the only reason we are not going to the SB this year. However his injury did affect us in the playoffs quite a bit. However I feel the lack of a # 2 receiver along with Brunell not being 100% affected us more than not having Randy "Mr. All U Can Eat Buffet" Thomas more.

We are not going to the Super Bowl this year.

Gibbs For Life!!!

No our gameplanning is what did it. We didnt get our star player(s) involved.

I dont care if they were tripled team. I saw Moss clapping his hands on more than two occasions.

Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers was also............

Brunell being hurt/worn out is the only reason we didn't go to the NFC Championship. Gibbs dropped the ball on this one IMO because he had two games to evaluate Brunell's performance (Eagles and Tampa) and he didn't. Honestly he should have looked at that Tampa game and given the second half QB position to Ramsey....if anything just to change things up.

Brunell being hurt/worn out is the only reason we didn't go to the NFC Championship. Gibbs dropped the ball on this one IMO because he had two games to evaluate Brunell's performance (Eagles and Tampa) and he didn't. Honestly he should have looked at that Tampa game and given the second half QB position to Ramsey....if anything just to change things up.

You are today's instant winner.

I was thinking it, but didn't feel like typing it.

One thing I can say about Patrick Ramsey is that he will and has proved that he can find the open receiver.

When we played Seattle, Moss got tangled up with the corner that fell to the ground and was standing in the end zone clapping his hands wide open.

Mark was standing there and decided to take off and throw the ball out of bounds.

Moss walked back shaking his head and gave his self one hard clap out of frustration

Randy wasn't the only reason why we are not there sure it would have help to have him in there but not really having a #2 receiver, CP was more banged up than they let on Brunell was not at full strength a lot played in to it. It will get better though..

I think the Seattle Seahawks and espescially Matt Hasslebeck had a lot to do with us not going to the Superbowl. They were a healthier, better team last Saturday playing at home. You can bet the house on this. Now that Joe Gibbs has sniffed it he knows where to find it. He will finish up this puzzle in the offseason and we will be rocking in Miami on 2/4/07

We are not going to the Super Bowl this year.

Gibbs For Life!!!

ahh i don't believe that he is the reason why we weren't in the SB. Portis was pretty banged up and Burnell was too. We played 7 straight playoff type games (the 6th and 7th being real playoff games). We were just too beat up and tired in the end. Just some more depth on our squad next season and hopefully this won't happen again!

No our gameplanning is what did it. We didnt get our star player(s) involved.

I dont care if they were tripled team. I saw Moss clapping his hands on more than two occasions.

Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers was also............

I couldn't agree more. I don't think it was our game planning though. I think it was more of Brunell not getting the ball into Moss's hands. Steve Smith is doubled and triple teamed all of the time, but Delhomme gets the ball to him. For some reason Brunell cannot do the same. Even if Moss is triple teamed someone else has to be open. I mean seriously, is every one covered when Moss is double teamed? Anyway I agree we didn't get the ball into our star players hands until garbage time.

HUGE hit havin thomas out, but not havin a 2nd WR hurt us just as bad.

Don't blame the receivers. Brunell made very bad decisions. The game was there for the taking. He was unable to lead the team downfield. End of story. It wasn't playcalling, it was Brunells decisions within that playcalling.

Archived