Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheifs Offense vs. Redskins Offense?

LaVarIsDaMan

okay, maybe im a little biased, who on this board isn't? :silly:

but lets look at the personnel comparison between both team's offenses...

trent green vs. brunell/ramsey/campbell (according to current depth chart)

trent green is an established qb under saunder's offense, and the trio is not. that being said, brunell's getting old,(retirement?) ramsey seems like good trade bait, and campbell? what about campbell? will he have his shot as the starting qb for this season? tell you what, don't be surprised if campbell is considered an up and coming stud by mid-season.

santana moss vs. any KC receiver they've had in the past 2 seasons

to be honest, and i dont know who would disagree, but santana is flat-out better than any receiver the cheifs have had.

chris cooley vs. tony gonzalez.

to the naked eye, cheifs advantage, right away. but i found this to be interesting.

gonzalez's stats his rookie and sophomore year.

rec. yds. td's

33 368 2

59 621 2

cooleys stats

37 314 6

71 774 7

then gonzalez had a monster year, his third year, going for 849 yds and 11td's. who knows, with a smarter offense, a qb upgrade, cooley could have a real big year.

cheif's OL vs. Redskin's OL

another naked eye decision, cheifs. thats it. well...?

here's a scenario. trade ramsey and 2nd round for two low first round picks. pick up a LG, and a DE. an improvement at LG, yes. dockery is alright, but nothing special. if we could get a good and young LG, our line is something special. it would improve samuel's play on the left side of the line. and with rabach a smart important center, with a locked in good right side? that's a little potent mix you got.

portis/betts vs. holmes/johnson

well... we lose that match-up straight up. although portis is a special back with a good betts backing him up. but the cheif's disadvantage at wr's sort of cancels this advantage out.

our personnels are definitely different in contrast. but this could be a year an offense with real good potential, comes together as a unit. not only under a great offensive coach but also just a great coaching staff put together by the owner of this organization.

feedback appreciated. :D

p.s. do we even have to compare defenses? :)

I think Saunders will also have a significant impact on who the Skins will target in free agency. I would take either Randle-El or Reggie Wayne as a great second receiver to Moss, although Wayne might want to be an outright #1 receiver instead of playing second fiddle like he did with Harrison.

cheif's OL vs. Redskin's OL

another naked eye decision, cheifs. thats it. well...?

here's a scenario. trade ramsey and 2nd round for two low first round picks. pick up a LG, and a DE.

feedback appreciated. :D

p.s. do we even have to compare defenses? :)

I am not sure I read this correct. Ramsey and a 2nd round pick for 2 low 1st round picks. I would be thrilled if we could do that, however I don't think there is a chance in the world for that to happen. The only team I know of with 2 first rounders this year is Denver, and no way would they go for that.

brunell's getting old,(retirement?) ramsey seems like good trade bait, and campbell? what about campbell? will he have his shot as the starting qb for this season? tell you what, don't be surprised if campbell is considered an up and coming stud by mid-season.

The fact is this team is all ready a SuperBowl contender with the QB's we have in Brunell and Ramsey, Why would we want to wait for a Rookie to develope, IF he even developes.

Brunell and Ramsey are quality NFL quarterbacks, Campbell is only a rookie! I wouldnt want to give a rookie a chance with a team like this only hoping hes good, when he could turn out like another Heath Shuler. People think 36 is old for a QB, Warren Moon was at his best at almost 40 with the Oilers. Bledsoe was at his best 2 years ago at the age of 39 with Buffalo.

We know what we have in our 2 vets, so if Ramsey does happen to leave, which I hope he doesnt, then Campbell deserves on that bench unless Brunell cant win with what he has, and Im sure after draft and free agency he will have every part of an offense that a QB dreams of.

The fact is this team is all ready a SuperBowl contender with the QB's we have in Brunell and Ramsey, Why would we want to wait for a Rookie to develope, IF he even developes.

Brunell and Ramsey are quality NFL quarterbacks, Campbell is only a rookie! I wouldnt want to give a rookie a chance with a team like this only hoping hes good, when he could turn out like another Heath Shuler. people think 36 is old for a QB, Warren moon was at his best at almost 40 with the Oilers. Bledsoe was at his best 2 years ago at the age of 39 with Buffalo.

We know what we have in our 2 vets, so if Ramsey does happen to leave, which I hope he doesnt, then Campbell deserves on that bench unless Brunell cant win with what he has, and Im sure after draft and free agency he will have every part of an offense that a QB dreams of.

good points...

but campbell would not be a rookie next year. ask any player. they would say the transistion from college to their rookie season is the toughest. he's had one year of experience with training camp, learning the offense, living in the area, getting to know the players, the nfl, etc...

brunell and ramsey ARE quality nfl qb's. but 36 IS old in the nfl. warren moon and drew bledsoe are exceptions. warren moon with his exceptional athleticism and bledsoe with his exceptional passing arm. you have to admit, brunell did die out at the end of the year. he's not as athletic as warren moon and never did have the arm of a drew bledsoe. ramsey, he has the youth and the talent, but he hasn't shown the intangibles yet. and im a ramsey fan, but all excuses aside, he hasn't shown that he can be the winner and leader that this team needs.

look, i want brunell and ramsey to succeed. but im a redskins fan far more than a ramsey fan, a brunell fan, or a campbell fan. all im saying is every single qb comes into training camp with a clean slate. no age, no past, no inexperience, no biases towards character or these past 2 years. all 3 qb's come in with what they bring to the table, and joe gibbs and al saunders make the best decision possible for next year's job.

Brunell and Ramsey are quality NFL quarterbacks, Campbell is only a rookie! I wouldnt want to give a rookie a chance with a team like this only hoping hes good, when he could turn out like another Heath Shuler. people think 36 is old for a QB, Warren moon was at his best at almost 40 with the Oilers. Bledsoe was at his best 2 years ago at the age of 39 with Buffalo.

Amen. All this Jason Campbell talk on the message boards is ridiculous. Gibbs may only coach for a few more years, and we are so close to being a Super Bowl contender, that we don't want to rush an unproven rookie into the starting slot. I really hope we keep all our QBs and let Brunell and Ramsey duke it out again for #1.

good points...

but campbell would not be a rookie next year. ask any player. they would say the transistion from college to their rookie season is the toughest. he's had one year of experience with training camp, learning the offense, living in the area, getting to know the players, the nfl, etc...

brunell and ramsey ARE quality nfl qb's. but 36 IS old in the nfl. warren moon and drew bledsoe are exceptions. warren moon with his exceptional athleticism and bledsoe with his exceptional passing arm. you have to admit, brunell did die out at the end of the year. he's not as athletic as warren moon and never did have the arm of a drew bledsoe. ramsey, he has the youth and the talent, but he hasn't shown the intangibles yet. and im a ramsey fan, but all excuses aside, he hasn't shown that he can be the winner and leader that this team needs.

look, i want brunell and ramsey to succeed. but im a redskins fan far more than a ramsey fan, a brunell fan, or a campbell fan. all im saying is every single qb comes into training camp with a clean slate. no age, no past, no inexperience, no biases towards character or these past 2 years. all 3 qb's come in with what they bring to the table, and joe gibbs and al saunders make the best decision possible for next year's job.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for the man being great and hope he is as good as we all are hoping for. Were just so close right now and I think this deal with Ramsey, weather he stays or goes is going to be a huge one. If were stuck with only Brunell and he goes down, then I hope to God Campbell learns this offense really fast.

Amen. All this Jason Campbell talk on the message boards is ridiculous. Gibbs may only coach for a few more years, and we are so close to being a Super Bowl contender, that we don't want to rush an unproven rookie into the starting slot. I really hope we keep all our QBs and let Brunell and Ramsey duke it out again for #1.

:point2sky

the plan is for coach gibbs to stay for 3 more years. that is when saunders, g. williams, and joe gibbs's contract are through. if all goes according to plan, at the end of three years, gibbs will once again retire into greatness, as we pick from gregg williams or al saunders as our head coach of the future. it could work out to be it'll be gregg williams with al saunders as our permanent o. coordinator. that is, if we experience success in these next oh so crucial years of our organization's future.

that being said, why not break in the young athlete? when do you want to break him in? when brunell is too injured to play? when patrick ramsey continues to show signs of mediocrity? when he is our last option left? that's more pressure on the young kid from the south. 3 years is a long time folks. do we want to wait on the qb joe gibbs picked, until joe gibbs is gone?

out of 1075 plays chiefs did last yr, they motioned like 1070 plays.. al saunders knows how to get defenses on their tippy toes... its going to be an interesting season for the skins.. Hail...

Agreed. I think one of the reasons Saunders was brought here was because of his use of motion to create mismatches. And we all know how much Gibbs likes to motion to disguise plays and create mismatches.

Cooley isn't Gonzales, but I think he'll have another big year.

.....then gonzalez had a monster year, his third year, going for 849 yds and 11td's. who knows, with a smarter offense, a qb upgrade, cooley could have a real big year.

If we get a good solid 700-1,000+ yard #2 WR I believe Cooley could see 800 yards next year.

To me the skins offense should be better because portis can be a faster version of priest and not one of the chiefs receivers can do what santana can do. If we are able to get a decent #2 other teams need to look out. The chiefs almost made the playoffs but imagine if they had our defense. If our offense can play like they did we shouldn't lose more than 4 games next year.

Archived