Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

weapon for home protection?

Air Force Cane

"The famous 125 grain .357 JHP bullet, the most effective one shot stopper of all handgun loads, penetrates 13.25" in ordinance gelatin and produces a football shaped stretch cavity. This is how the very best bullets perform. And bullet performance has a great effect on stopping power."

http://www.chuckhawks.com/beginners_stopping_power.htm

I can't argue with you about stopping power of the .357, but what about the safety of neighbors if your in an apt. or kids in the next room? A .357 usually exits the target and can continue through a couple walls. You don't have this problem with a .38 or lower but then it doesn't stop as well. I like a good old .45. Its big and slow. Lots of stopping power but not enough velocity to exit the target in most cases.

.357 bullets don't know when to stop. One could easily go into the next house and kill your neighbor's kid. How many of you guys live in houses with vinyl sidding?

A sawed off shotgun with a shortened handle will inflict allot of pain with one shot that doesn't miss. And the intruder will likely live to serve his prison sentence!

Only if you are using slugs and not shot!!! Shot would be way worse you could kill your own kid. Plus my thought is to aim at the knees.

Hmm...that I don't know what you're talking about probably means I'm not.

But hell, who knows?!

Thats cool. An "Elderado" is anyone who listens to, is a fan of, believes in the basic libertarian philosophy of, or otherwise generally supports Larry Elder. Reading some of your comments made me think you might be into his show. If you're not familiar with him you should definitely try to check him out.

Thats cool. An "Elderado" is anyone who listens to, is a fan of, believes in the basic libertarian philosophy of, or otherwise generally supports Larry Elder. Reading some of your comments made me think you might be into his show. If you're not familiar with him you should definitely try to check him out.

Ohhhhhhh. Yes, that's my man!

He's like Larry Elderaaaaaaaaaaadoooooooo!

no seriously, I didn't know that name, but Larry Elder (from? MICHIGAN!) is someone I respect a great deal. I don't get a chance to hear his show, but I read his columns from time to time and even watched his "Moral Court" show. That was a good one!

Ohhhhhhh. Yes, that's my man!

He's like Larry Elderaaaaaaaaaaadoooooooo!

no seriously, I didn't know that name, but Larry Elder (from? MICHIGAN!) is someone I respect a great deal. I don't get a chance to hear his show, but I read his columns from time to time and even watched his "Moral Court" show. That was a good one!

Good stuff, I thought you might be familiar with him. Moral Court certainly does him no justice (pun intended :silly: ), but it was humorous nonetheless. As far as his radio show, its nationally syndicated on the ABC Radio Networks. I listen to him on XM, but I'm sure if you call ABC's customer service line they could tell you of a local radio station that carries him. He's huge out on the west coast.

Archived