Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Study: TV in the bedroom halves your sex life....

TC4

Uh oh, time to get rid of those pesky TVs out of the bedroom

And since this study is by an Italian sexologist you just KNOW it's gotta be a well researched study :D

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=scienceNews&storyid=2006-01-16T165732Z_01_L16631964_RTRUKOC_0_US-SEX-TV.xml&rpc=22

TV in the bedroom halves your sex life - study

Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:57 AM ET

ROME (Reuters) - Thinking of buying a TV for the bedroom? Think again -- it could ruin your sex life.

A study by an Italian sexologist has found that couples who have a TV set in their bedroom have sex half as often as those who don't.

"If there's no television in the bedroom, the frequency (of sexual intercourse) doubles," said Serenella Salomoni whose team of psychologists questioned 523 Italian couples to see what effect television had on their sex lives.

On average, Italians who live without TV in the bedroom have sex twice a week, or eight times a month. This drops to an average of four times a month for those with a TV, the study found.

For the over-50s the effect is even more marked, with the average of seven couplings a month falling to just 1.5 times.

The study found certain programmes are far more likely to impede passion than others. Violent films will put a stop to sexual relations for half of all couples, while reality shows stem passion for a third of couples.

I was watching this being addressed on Scarborough Country earlier tonight and I never really thought about that before. It seems to make sense because you would not be using your time channel surfing and rather you would be focusing on your significant other. Sex > Watching TV. This is a no brainer, throw that TV away and stick to football watching in the family room and love making in the bedroom :laugh:

This makes total sense.

In 1995 I had a religious experience with God, and ever since then I have refused to buy cable, or even have rabit ears in my house.

I just watch some football games at a friends house, or at a sports bar.

I will also rent or watch a movie about once every 2 weeks.

Other than that, my 32" LCD is used for nothing but PC and my Xbox 360.

I believe that TV does more than just cut your sex life off, it can ruin your life.

Especially those that fit in the study where people watch 6-8 hours a day.

Apparently, they haven't seen latenight Cinemax. :D

Man, I was thinking the VERY same thing when I began this thread

In fact, with the right girl, it might INCREASE your sex in the bedroom

"Oh honey, that one looks fun. Let's try it next...." ;)

Archived