Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And I thought the down-time between games was excruciating.

RIDETHEWALRUS

After every game this season I would spend my time just waiting for the next Skins game. The 5-6 days between games were tough jsut wondering what is going to happen the next time we took the field. While I leave this season knowing that there aren't any more games for quite some time, I just can't take my mind from the Redskins. Is there anybody else out there unsure of how to pass the downtime untill next season begins?

AAAHHHHH!!! (Am I suppossed to watch basketball?)

offseason is painful....extremely painful....i spend my time watching highlights and sigh....watching NBA...even though i'm not a big basketball fan......i also watch hockey..one of the only sports i enjoy watching almost as much as football

Every other season I thought about the 2 million + moves that we needed to make to become a playoff team. Then I executed those moves in Madden. lol.

Every off season is hard but this one particularly so. Maybe in a few weeks it will subside, but for now it is driving me nuts.

It also doesn't help that I found such a great place to chat with Skins fans anytime of the day. In other years my friends would be ready to kill me for mentioning the Redskins by about 3 weeks after the season.

After every game this season I would spend my time just waiting for the next Skins game. The 5-6 days between games were tough jsut wondering what is going to happen the next time we took the field. While I leave this season knowing that there aren't any more games for quite some time, I just can't take my mind from the Redskins. Is there anybody else out there unsure of how to pass the downtime untill next season begins?

I've been doing this for 30 years.

You stay occupied with the rest of the NFL season, except the Pro Bowl. No one should have to watch that.

Troll the paper every Monday to see about free agents, re-signings, how injuries are healing and so forth.

Then college basketball can get you to March.

Then the draft.

Then get distracted by baseball and golf through spring.

Quarterback camp is in there somewhere.

It's always worse to me once July rolls around and camp opens. It's SO CLOSE.

Then, they come home and then it's like pacing the floor time.

Suddenly, it'll be September.

Hang in there.

I'll be focusing a lot more on studying (I did before but now I have even more time with nothing to do so I might as well study). Finishing up fillng out college applications.

Playing madden, chilling with my freinds, and just checking out the news here on extreme skins.

Basketball season has been going on and the Wizards (as every year) took a back seat to the skins. I'll focus on them and my terps basketball team.

This should help:

1. Extremeskins.com

2. Nfl network chanrnel 212 on direct tv

3. Sirius radio channel 124.

4. redskins.com

Hopefully this will get you through it.

Baseball and golf don't cut it. Hockey used to help, but the Caps are terrible.

March Madness helps in March but other than that free agency then the draft, minicamps, more minicamps, training camp, preseason and there you go.

Do you have the link?

OK, there are two of them selling that high. One is in Ohio and the other in Penn. The one I got them off of was the one from Ohio. I got Redskins/Vikings 1976 playoff game with commercials and all. Just missing the last 11 minutes of that game and it was like watching it live. That good of quality.

Here is his redskins auctions.

I follow an Australian Rules Football team the Hawthorn Hawks who wear brown and gold (not quite Burgundy but close), I also follow the Arsenal in the English Premier League, and the St George Dragons in the Australian Rugby League, and The Australian Capital Territory Brumbies in the Australian Rugby Union, I dont particularly like basketball (dont understand not being able to hit someone with the ball), so my redskin brother think outside the square, there is baseball or you could follow gibbs racing team, get a hobby, like model railways...there is always something to do to pass the time.

:laugh: I hear you. I was thinking the same thing on Saturday night.

Since, I have moved on to watching basketball (Wizards and Terps for me). I also enjoy following hockey (in that I mean looking at the Caps box score every morning to see if Ovechkin scored).

However at this point of the offseason, you haven't experienced any anxiety whatsover. By the time the Pro Bowl is over, you start NEEDING a "Redskins Fix" (I get mine by watching highlight videos made by skinsfanatic and others).

But if you don't like any other sports I suggest taking interest in every little rumor surrounding the Redskins during the offseason. This takes up much of your time and next thing you know, training camp will be right around the corner. This activity is amazingly unproductive, but whatever passes the time.

Anyways good luck this offseason in keeping yourself interested in anything whatsoever.

Guest ComebackKing

If you like NASCAR some good racing action picks up right where the Superbowl leaves off. You can root for Tony Stewart and Joe Gibbs racing of course thats how I mainly got into being a NASCAR fan. The NASCAR season is so long too fills the gaps between the Football offseason. It's perfect for me. Sundays never really get dull.

Archived