Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should we get rid of ?

bryceb07

Here's who I say and their cap number:

Jacobs: $.841M

Bowen: $2.40M

Hall: $1.42M

Harris: $2.75M (I would restructure for depth)

Noble: $2.63M

Ramsey: $2.88M (trade and sign a back-up to MB)

Raymer: $1.11M

Wynn: $3.45M (restructure or cut)

John Hall is getting paid waaaaay to much for an average kicker. He can be on point sometimes, but we can save a lot by letting him go, kickers aren't that expensive to buy. Ramsey needs to go and we need to sign another receiver by getting rid of Jacobs and possibly Raymer. Or O-line has some serious problems on the right side so we need to fill that gap up too. Just my :2cents:

Whos of these guys do we get rid of for trades or just because they stink ?

Patrick Ramsey ?

Lavar Arrington ?

Taylor Jacobs?

David Patten ?

James Thrash ?

Antonio Brown ?

Thrash and Patten aren't going anywhere but everybody else on that list better worry.

Also add

Frost

Hall

As are kicking game struggled all year but Frost did have a nice game against the Hawks.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

If we let Campbell go, you will see another Trent Green+ situation. This kid can be groomed into the type of QB that can/will lead for 10 or 11 years.

Some of these 'meltdown' postings I've read the last few days, make me wanna trade some of YOU!

Show some decorum. Even if it is a message board, there is no reason to be so damning of these players.

And on the LA situation, unless he re-structures, I believe he is definitely gone. I hope he stays.

Frost, Raymer, Jacobs, Harris, Hall.

We need depth at the OL, desperately need a #2 WR, Tupa hopefully can return to punting duties, Hall can't put the thing in the endzone on kickoffs (our special teams suffered because of this during the Seattle game especially)/draft Conner Huges out of UVA-going to be a super PK! Walt Harris can't cover...bye and we need a stronger DE push towards the opponents QB.

We also need to sign Lavar again and put all this money crap and animosity behind us.

If we let Campbell go, you will see another Trent Green+ situation. This kid can be groomed into the type of QB that can/will lead for 10 or 11 years.

Some of these 'meltdown' postings I've read the last few days, make me wanna trade some of YOU!

Show some decorum. Even if it is a message board, there is no reason to be so damning of these players.

And on the LA situation, unless he re-structures, I believe he is definitely gone. I hope he stays.

Why would we let Campbell go? Did someone actually say that? I don't believe it...

Fact: if Ramsey goes, he will come back to bite us.

Everyone calls Ramsey a bust, everyone knows that a QB is only as good as his O Line. The reason Ramsey "busted" was b/c he had no protection. Give him some time, and he will be golden.

Thrash isn't going anywhere, he's a core Redskin, that man bleeds burgundy and gold, he loves Gibbs and Gibbs loves him.

A. Brown - I've never believed in taking up a roster spot for a guy that only returns kicks, if he can catch a ball (we know about his hands, and decision making) make him a WR, otherwise add depth elsewhere.

Arrington - If he does go anywhere he'll regret it. Nowhere else do fans love there players as do Skins fans, and he'll be missing out on a team on the upswing.

Jacobs & Patten - they might could go, Jacobs is rumored to be the fastest guy on the team, but after so many dropped balls, we don't have to keep him. And Patten, he's a great route runner smart player with good hands, an overall solid #2 receiver, but he's no spring chicken, and playing a spot where you lose a step with everyday that goes by, it may a situation where you fix it before it breaks. Age = Injury (which was evident this year) I would only get rid of Patten if we can get a proven reliable WR to take his spot, he doesn't have to go, but I could deal with it.

Frost - will hopefully be out when Tupa is healthy again.

Royal - useless for most of the year, we have enough skill with Sellers and Cooley

Brown - one good play, then horrible the rest of the year.

Harris - Constantly getting beat.

Hall - we need a kicker who can get the ball past the 15 on kickoffs and make a 50 yard field goal.

I think we need another good, BIG reciever to compliment Moss. Whatever happens with Patten, Jacobs, Farris, Thrash is fine so long as we end up with Moss and one other GOOD reciever.

Why is everyone so down on Brown. I love this guys speed and he would not cost to much. Cut Farris and maybe Jacobs

Because every time he is back there to field a punt I have to hold my breath hoping he doesn't make a bad decision fielding it. I'd rather a guy with sure hands and good decision making, than have a guy that may take it all the way or could just as easily turn the game around by fumbling. He doesn't seem to have a good feel for when to call a fair catch or when to just let the ball go. Besides if he can't help on offense than that is a wasted roster spot. I doubt he will be back.

Harris needs to be there for depth only!

J Hall sucks and has all season!!!

A Brown, not worth the heart attack of doing stupid stuff

T Jacobs... bust

Ramsey... great arm, terrible decision making

Farris, preseason deosnt count

Raymer, fat, cant block, i could go on but wont

Randel El would solve two of theose issues (returner and wideout)

Whos of these guys do we get rid of for trades or just because they stink ?

Patrick Ramsey ?

Lavar Arrington ?

Taylor Jacobs?

David Patten ?

James Thrash ?

Antonio Brown ?

Pat stays unless we get a really good trade offer, he's too valueable as a tested backup to just drop.

Lavar stays unless there is a major meltdown between him and the staff again. He seems to want to stay, and trading or cutting him is very expensive against the cap.

All of the receivers need to be here for training camp along with some new blood. Keep the best 4 or 5 receivers at the conclusion of camp. There is no reason to give up on any of them without a chance to prove themselves that costs us nothing as a team.

Frost needs to go, he's been aweful all year. Simply not an NFL caliber punter, and not even a decent college punter. Hopefully Tupa can return.

Bowen may end up gone. He's outplayed by Clark and Prioleau and costs too much for his value to the team.

Raymer needs to go. He's simply a waste of a roster spot as we all saw this weekend.

Hall will definately get some competition in camp this year. His kickoffs have been atrocious, and his lack of range on FGs is a big time handicap.

Wynn will most likely be a restructure. He's too good to just let go, especially when we have very little depth. Get him a succesor to groom though.

Noble will either retire or restructure. If he's healthy, he's great depth and his absence was really felt this year when Griffin and Big Joe were hurt. All depends on the willingness of his knees.

I'd say Walt Harris should watch his back in camp too. He's been pretty poor this year and I think we should look for his replacement. I'd keep Jimoh over him if that tells you anything.

I think the Redskins should get rid of whoever the coaches decide are no longer needed. I don't want to go out and say we cut so and so, because the coaches have a better grip on how to evaluate talent. I remember for the past 2 or 3 seasons I've been screaming for Ade Jimoh to be cut. He seems to be coming around now. Although here are a few players I'm not too impressed with:

Cory Raymer

Derrick Frost

Taylor Jacobs

John Hall (durability problems)

Archived