Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should we get rid of ?

bryceb07

Jimmy Farris, David Patten, Ray Brown (I know he retired), Robert Royal all need to be canned yesterday.
patten and farris are cool with me, name one thing farris has done wrong, he hasn't gotten the ball at alkl this season, he had three touchdowns in the preseason. patten got injured early and cut down on his performance before he went on IR; he is a good reciever

Matt Bowen - 2.4 mil

Antonio Brown - .46 mil

Derrick Frost - .46 mil

John Hall - 1.42 mil

Taylor Jacobs - .841 mil

Brandon Noble - 2.6 mil

Patrick Ramsey - 2.82 mil

That clears about 10 mil

Players who could restructure...

Lavar Arrington 12 mil

Mark Brunell 5.4 mil

Walt Harris 2.75 mil

Chris Samuels 10 mil

Shawn Springs 5.5 mil

Renaldo Wynn 3.4 mil

Wynn looks like the player most likely to get cut...

John Hall has been lookin weak lately. Never should have gotten rid of Novak

I thought I was the only person who's even thought of this..Hall has been injured the past two years and he came back prematurely for fear of losing his job to Novak. His leg looked weak this year, ugh. Why are we paying him so much, anyway?

AS we all know, Gibbs is fiercely loyal to all of his players. Guys will not be moved unless they are just to big of a cap hit. Bowen, Raymer and Noble all fall into that category. Bowen will most likely get cut, Raymer I see restructing, and Noble is done for his career. A Brown will be invited to camp, but I can't see him making the team again next year. Jacobs is a lock to stay, LaVAr, well who knows. Patten is staying a your a fool for thinking he would go anywhere. This team is going to have another offseason similar to the one we just had. A few solid signings, the draft, and everybody getting back in Ashburn to start the season again.

Whos of these guys do we get rid of for trades or just because they stink ?

Patrick Ramsey ?

Lavar Arrington ?

Taylor Jacobs?

David Patten ?

James Thrash ?

Antonio Brown ?

Oh. I thought this thread was going to be about forum members. :(

:jk:

Okay, knowing that this is a forum here are the people who I think the Skins should let go (cut or trade) before March 1st, and my reasoning, then the people who I think should restructure because it is well known that they want to stay, and they were signed to HUGE contracts but to get a better stronger team, they know that the front office will need more money to work with.

CUT/TRADE

Antonio Brown - Only good as a returner, and there are plenty others we could put in there.

Ryan Clark - What has he really done for the team? Not impressive at coverage or blitzing at all.

Derrick Frost - Punters are easy to come by that don't make stupid mistakes.

John Hall - there are many kickers out there who can put the ball in the end zone and make a FG of 40+ yards.

Walt Harris - Didn't the understand why Indy cut him? He gets burned by a mediocore WR.

Robert Royal - Very unproductive and plenty of depth already in that position.

David Patten - Always injured, could be good if he could stay healthy, but not really worth taking the chance.

Taylor Jacobs - What ever made him think he could play WR?

Robert Johnson - How many TE's do we really need?

Brandon Noble - Great player, great heart, but can't stay healthy, need salary cap room.

RESTRUCTURE

Mark Brunnell - For his age, great QB, good teacher for Ramsey and Campbell even if he isn't the starter, and great leader on and off the field.

Renaldo Wynn - Really good D-lineman who can make an impact, but more players are needed, and his salary is a little high for his production.

Randy Thomas - Really good O-line leader, could be great as a backup because of injuries he has suffered doubt he can play a full season.

Patrick Ramsey - Should know that the future in the skins can be his if he works really hard and shows team unity. If O-line gets better, when Brunnell decides to retire, he will be our future.

Shawn Springs - Gave him a lot of money to get him, and he is a leader in the secondary, but show team unity and restructure to bring in more players.

LaVar Arrignton - Biggest restructure the team needs to accomplish. With him and Marcus at LB, we will always have a feared D. And after comments he made, showing how much he wants to be apart of the team, by restructering would make him a coaches favorite.

Positions I think that need to be filled

WR - need at least 1 more strong WR, Thrash is a good 3rd WR, but need a top 2nd WR to compliment Moss, what do you guys think about Moulds?

O-line - Not as hard to come by as people think. Many great ones out there that don't see a lot of playing time and we have players that other teams would trade their good O-lineman for.

SS - Taylor is great at FS, but to have a dominant secondary we also need a great SS next to Taylor

CB - Need a better back up to Rogers and Springs, depth is needed at that position. And a great Nickleback we could get is the CB coming out of OSU.

LB - Have 3 really good LB's now, and 1 who is a fairly good back up in Holdman, but more LB's who can come in on rotations when needed would make our D so much stronger.

These are just my thoughts after watching every game they played this year and looking over the player decisions made over the past few years. Salary Cap is going to really hurt us this year if they cant make some good moves with players. With Joe Gibbs back, we will eventually recover from the young mistakes that Snyder made. And I agree you can't be too upset with him because he didn't have the best personnel working with him until recently. Eventually we will come out of this ,but it may take a couple years. But, next year will be another great year. Gibbs has things going his way finally and his plan is starting to come together. I truly believe next season will fair better for us.:notworthy

for all of you who are so ready to get rid of patrick ramsey, do you really think he is that horrible as a backup? he's been here as long as brunell has so he knows the system and has at least 2 years playing experience under his belt. at least with ramsey you know what you're getting - strong arm but inability to read defenses. maybe his time on the bench under gibbs and behind brunell has helped him develop some. i know he wasn't in the game long but against the giants he played okay.

remember, the most important player on the team is the starting QB. the second most important player is the backup QB.

Here we go: Patten, Jacobs, A. Brown, Harris, Wynn, Jimoh, Royal, Cartwright...hmmm the list wan;t as long as i thought. We're not a bad team, be just gotta get rid of some weak spots and reinforce our solid team base with some good classy players. One guy I like on our team the surprised me is Ryan Clark. I don;t know where he came from but i like him.

Whos of these guys do we get rid of for trades or just because they stink ?

Patrick Ramsey ? yes only via trade to cheap to cut.

Lavar Arrington ? if you can't redo his deal, yest

Taylor Jacobs? please please please

David Patten ? no

James Thrash ? no

Antonio Brown ?

yes only as an upgrade

Matt bowen, John Hall, Warrick Holdman, Jimmy Farris, Shanky Frost (I mean Derick)

:point2sky

Ramsey isn't going anywhere. Brunell ran out of gas this season, and next year will be a year older, ergo more injury prone. Ramsey comes cheaper than any other competent backup, and has now had 2 years in the system.

Patten is a good value, especially since we can't get any of his signing bonus back. If anything, this season should've showed everyone how important WR depth is.....

But we're still dumping Jacobs and Farris. Depth is one thing, but neither of these guys is NFL material.

Arrington needs to be replaced if we want enough cap space to make a run in 2007 when Jason Campbell takes over the reigns. Otherwise, we'll never have enough cap space to get the depth we need.

Frost, Brown, and Hall are gone. I'll miss Hall, but he simply looks too injury prone at this point. Maybe Groom comes back. Hey, we cut Akers for being inconsistent when he was starting out, and look at him now. :(

Raymer's playing days are behind him.

I get the strange feeling that while I watch Joe Gibbs and the staff build this roster, that there is a 3-5 year plan in place.

Anyone else? It just seems like every year it gets better. Moves that have us all scratching our heads one moment are really impressive in hindsight... i.e. the Campbell pick from last year, and signing Shawn Springs to what we all thought at the time was way too much money. Also, who was that Marcus Washington fellow, and Cornelius Griffin? Salavea? who the hell is he?

Really quite impressive, considering we had one of the NFL's most incomplete and random rosters just 2 years ago. We had pro bowl talent at the positions that mattered least, and NCAA talent at the positions that mattered most. We had no blue collar talent, only blue collar players.

Again, taking a step back... it really is quite impressive.

Again, taking a step back... it really is quite impressive.

Just to add to that... I must say that I have really taken a back seat in voicing my concerns about roster moves. I just feel like we have a really good team in place behind the scenes to make the best choice available.

This is the first time I've felt this way since JKC passed on.

Seriously... whatever the staff decides is fine with me. Who they cut / keep / draft... I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it... and not lose a bit of sleep.

As a fan, what a great position to be in. :2cents:

Just to add to that... I must say that I have really taken a back seat in voicing my concerns about roster moves. I just feel like we have a really good team in place behind the scenes to make the best choice available.

This is the first time I've felt this way since JKC passed on.

Seriously... whatever the staff decides is fine with me. Who they cut / keep / draft... I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it... and not lose a bit of sleep.

As a fan, what a great position to be in. :2cents:

you and me both. to me the bigger thing for fans to discuss is not who do we cut/trade but as FANS who would we hate to see go.

Ramsey isn't going anywhere. Brunell ran out of gas this season, and next year will be a year older, ergo more injury prone. Ramsey comes cheaper than any other competent backup, and has now had 2 years in the system.

Patten is a good value, especially since we can't get any of his signing bonus back. If anything, this season should've showed everyone how important WR depth is.....

But we're still dumping Jacobs and Farris. Depth is one thing, but neither of these guys is NFL material.

Arrington needs to be replaced if we want enough cap space to make a run in 2007 when Jason Campbell takes over the reigns. Otherwise, we'll never have enough cap space to get the depth we need.

Frost, Brown, and Hall are gone. I'll miss Hall, but he simply looks too injury prone at this point. Maybe Groom comes back. Hey, we cut Akers for being inconsistent when he was starting out, and look at him now. :(

Raymer's playing days are behind him.

Wow. Especially on the first two, I thought I was the only loony one :laugh:

I agrre with you step for step, though reluctanly about Farris cuz I really like the kid, and I hadn't been thinking of Lavra's impact on 2007, not that it changes my postion, but its a good point. On Hall, don't you think they'll give him the beneift of the doubt long enoughto see if he fully heals? Or have they decided he is?

I'm noticing that absolutely noone is mentioning Ladell Betts. Now, not that I wanna get rid of him as the title says, but he is just too good of a running back to sit around here in the number 2 spot for much longer. I think he might be asking for a trade... who knows. Gibbs himself mentioned it's going to be hard keeping him here. Either way, I think we're fine. Rock can handle the two spot in my opinion. He proved that in the game against the Rams.

Just throwing that out there since I see noone is thinking about that. I think we can get a pretty good trade for him... although I'd rather him stay.

Archived