Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wish Ramsey would have played against Philly.

MontanaSkins

Now hindsight is 20/20 and this is not a blame Brunell thread, but that week off to get Brunell healthy could have made the difference. I think MB just being banged up is what held up the offense the last couple weeks, and Ramsey would have done the job against Philly. I am not blaming Brunell he gave everything he had but we could see the difference in the offense (Cowboys, Giants) when he was healthy compared to the last two weeks.

On the other thread I am very excited how close this team is. A little more consistant on offense and a homefield game(or better yet 2)and this team is looking Super Bowl bound.

Now hindsight is 20/20 and this is not a blame Brunell thread, but that week off to get Brunell healthy could have made the difference. I think MB just being banged up is what held up the offense the last couple weeks, and Ramsey would have done the job against Philly. I am not blaming Brunell he gave everything he had but we could see the difference in the offense (Cowboys, Giants) when he was healthy compared to the last two weeks.

On the other thread I am very excited how close this team is. A little more consistant on offense and a homefield game(or better yet 2)and this team is looking Super Bowl bound.

I agree and disagree.

Sure, Brunell might have benefitted from the rest. At the same time... he's been with the offense since September. For the offense to look as anemic as it has.... goes beyond a little fatigue.

I just don't see Brunell capable of taking us to the next level. We should have been a 10-win team this year with just about ANYONE quarterbacking us. Just how I feel.

This defense was responsible for our season... If it wasn't for the short fields we gave our offense.... we wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Next season is next season we as fans and the club itself must now look forward, the team has to get depth at WR and on both lines, so lets not cruel ourselves the redskins players did all they could and I think honestly most fans would consider they went further than we all thort, I am proud of all our players.

Sure, Brunell might have benefitted from the rest. At the same time... he's been with the offense since September. For the offense to look as anemic as it has.... goes beyond a little fatigue.

I just don't see Brunell capable of taking us to the next level. We should have been a 10-win team this year with just about ANYONE quarterbacking us. Just how I feel.

I agree - I think Brunell had a good season, but he isn't the quarterback to take us to a Super Bowl. With some rest I think he may have been a little more effective. However, like Die Hard said, the offense was so bad that it can't be chalked up to fatigue. We need to work on moving the ball better next season and hopefully we will be in the Super Bowl.

Go Skins. :helmet:

I have to agree. Brunell was noticably not his self since that knee injury, and the word is the reason why he struggled last season was because of his nagging injuries. I think they should have let Ramsey play until Mark was COMPLETELY POSITIVELY and 100% that he was 100% healthy. Ramsey showed in the Giants game that he is a new Quarterback. He took charge of the offense and threw darts to Santanna Moss.

I hope we are able to keep Ramsey in the offseason because you can never underestimate the value of 2 quality QBs. Brunell is getting older and it seems that nagging injuries bother him easier these days. So having Ramsey would cancell solve that issue. And if you learn any thing from history, you'll see that all the great teams had a great #2 QB. Look at the Bills in their glory years with Frank Riech and Giants with Simms and Hostetler. Both backups took them to the Superbowl. Heck, Riech even orchastrated one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history against the Oilers. Then you look at the Eagles this season and see what NOT having a good back up can do to your team.

I say keep Ramsey and Brunell. Ramsey already knows the offense and with Brunell another year older, and another year more fragile, we will most likely need Ramsey.

Archived