Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Horton ESPN Chat

macnoke03

Josh (Indiana)

Nobody seems to be giving the Skins much of a chance, and on the surface it's understandable, but a superior D always gives you a chance in the playoffs. Can another inspired performance from the Skins finally healthy D take them to victory against a team still under pressure to win its first playoff game in 20 years? I think creating turnovers, as always, is the key.

GARY HORTON

Your observations are very accurate, Josh. The Skins are playing great defense. A lot of times, that's enough in the playoffs. HOWEVER, the more you watch this Seattle offense, the more impressed you are at how versitile they have been. They are great in the red zone, they have Shaun Alexander and they are ALSO very pass effective. I think, with Seattle at home, the pressure is somewhat off their shoulders. I just don't think Washington can stop the Seahawks offense like they did to Tampa Bay.

hayden (utah)

Gary, I think the Redskins are being overlooked, besides getting their offense back in the groove, what do you think they have to do to beat the seahawks?

GARY HORTON

Unless the Redskins offense had a huge makeover this week, they are really going to struggle to move the ball against this Seattle defense that led the NFL in sacks

typical responses from espn analysts. everyones all caught up in talkin about seattles offense, but theyre in for a rude awakening against our d

A good Defense beats a good offense every time. See NE Patriots vs St.Louis greatest show on turf, Baltimore vs NYG, and Chicago this year.

GARY HORTON

Unless the Redskins offense had a huge makeover this week, they are really going to struggle to move the ball against this Seattle defense that led the NFL in sacks

I have a feeling this sack stat is diluted - SEahawks played a ton of inferior teams that doubt were down early to them and had to abandon the run and pass like crazy ... which gave SEahawk defenders a lot more opportunities to rush the QB

I may be stupid here but didn't the skins score over 31 points in their last 3 games against teams that saw them already in the regular season???? They had a bad game. I don't think of the Tampa game as the real representation of our O. Oh and on top of that everyone seems to forget the skins are the only team in the top 11 in overall offense and defense. BALANCE BABY. TOUGH D and RUNNING THE FOOTBALL will give us the big fat W! GO SKINS

Archived