Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just wanted to point out

AlexRS

i dont think gibbs planned for it to work like that. once the d gave him the lead, it looked like he sat on it and rode teh defense to the win. the first couple drives looked like more aggressive. lets see what curves he throws at seattle

I think so to..I feel gibbs had a gameplan of course although not as aggressive as the previous weeks, but the offense failed to execute the plays,which is what Brunell said himself in the interview.I still think they will be alot more aggressive against seattle and the offense will step up this time.

:seahawksu

that we won our 1st playoff game without showing anybody anything. As far as revealing Gibbs' post-season plan - it gave nothing to Seattle or anybody else. Our Defense gave us a chance to win a postseason game calling preseason plays. Gibbs took advantage of that chance. :cheers:

Then again, maybe the Bucs just showed everybody how to stop us cold...

i dont think gibbs planned for it to work like that. once the d gave him the lead, it looked like he sat on it and rode the defense to the win. the first couple drives looked like more aggressive. lets see what curves he throws at seattle

I agree. I think Gibbs was on the verge of opening up the playbook when we saw the HB pass. If that is a better pass (understandable that it was Portis throwing 35 yds), but if it WAS a better pass, that's an easy TD like Cooley in the Gints game.

After Gibbs caught a lead, he felt no reason to risk having Brunell throw picks to the #1 D in the league. He also felt no need to risk injury to CP.

As much as people want to bash Gibbs and the offensive output at Tampa, I think Gibbs reacted and adjusted wonderfully.

Gibbs will throw the kitchen sink at Seattle and if they still beat us, then they are the better team.

Gibbs, however, will not be beaten.

:helmet:

I am sorry but i dont think Gibbs would ever jeopardize a win in a playoff game just to try to pull some wool over seattle's eyes. Seattle will look at the last game which is good for us, but they will also look at what makes us successful. Thats why its hard to out scheme a team in the playoffs (cept the giants). We certainly can out scheme another team and we did to an extent with bucs passing game (dont give up the deep ball)

Now we just have to get the ball in our playmaker's hands who execute best and can make the big play.

I never claimed that our playcalling was like that because Gibbs wanted to pull wool. There are many reasons why the playcalling was the way it was. I am sure the main reason was NOT to hide something from Seattle.

Bucs game did not follow the original scheme. We won because of execution. Scheming helps to hide deficiencies and take advantage of strengths. Execution removes your deficiencies and gives you strengths.

Gibbs does have a strategy that goes beyond one game. That strategy is - build up strength. Eliminate weaknesses. Scheming, well... Spurrier could really get those WRs open, couldn't he? Cowboys really surprised those Chiefs, didn't they? You have to have something to back it up. Gibbs is building that up. Schemes come next.

You guys that are becoming doubters because of the offensive showing should read Howie Long's piece from a day or two ago. The Redskin detractors like to poke at us for a feeble offense. Objective "experts" point out that it was a great defensive battle, and that Gibbs went ultra conservative on offense after the quick lead developed. I agree that, in a sense, Gibbs DID "shut down" the offense. Turned out to be an excellent move. Don't expect to see the same offensive showing this Saturday. I hope that is what Seattle is expecting!

Surely that's what it looks like now. I just want to see all that good stuff grows into some thing no one has ever seen before or may be a replay of the history from super bowl skins era, which I am sure the old skins fans can relate to.

Archived