Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Just In- Expect a BIG Special Teams play to Help us :)

footballhenry

Like everyone I have been obsessing about this game all week, and its only tuesday morning!! After thinking alot about this game and the many factors, I truly really think the Skins might pull this W off. I have alot of confidence that Gibbs will have this team ready, and feel that we may just play one of our best games of the year. Of course were going to need to if we want to beat Seattle, but to help us in our quest I have a strong feeling that were going to have a big Special Teams play to help us win. My first inclination is a kickoff return for a td, bank it! Hopefully im right :cheers:

Go Skins!!! :point2sky

As a Redskins fan, I'll take any big play just as long as we win. However, I would love to see Antonio Brown run, not just one back to the house, but two.

Go Go Power Redskins!

If he could catch and hold on to the ball, a return for a TD is not too outlandish a thought (Arizona). But he seems to fair catch a lot, even when he has plenty of room to run (maybe he's seeing things I'm not because of the TV, but I still think he makes poor decisions about when to fair catch and when to run)

On the other hand, I do admire the way he always seems to manage to recover his own fumbles and muffs, even if the ball rolls several yards away from him, and several nearby defenders are swarming. And of course, he set in motion the six-game winning streak with his performance in Arizona.

With some more experience and training, he could become one of the great kick returners, and maybe even a wide receiver if he learns how to catch reliably.

One thing I found amusing is that one of the commentators last Saturday said that Antonio Brown was one of the fastest active players in the NFL, and right after he said that, Antonio fumbled the return. Commentators' positive comments always seem to jinx players. :(

didn't darrell green return a punt for a td in a post season win over the bears in like '86?

DG had a HUGE punt return for a TD in a playoff game against the Bears. He did most of it with a pulled muscle in his rib cage, to boot.

I think that was also the game that Ditka called Dexter Manley "a grapefruit"

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I seem to also recall DG bring a punt back for a TD against the 49'ers in the NFC championship game the year 'Skins lost to the Raiders in the Super Bowl.

That one might have been called back on a penalty, though. It was a trick play (a la the "Music City Miracle" for you younger folk) and their was some controversy as to whether the cross-field toss to DG was a foward lateral or not...

Perhaps someone with a better memory than I can weigh in on that.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

I've already had a vision that we spank the Seahawks. I'm seeing like 31-13 or 27-10 or something like that. Way more than sqeaking by. I am serious.

Only thing is, I did not see exactly how we scored, but I'm fairly certain there is a Teams score in there somewhere.;)

:D

I've already had a vision that we spank the Seahawks. I'm seeing like 31-13 or 27-10 or something like that. Way more than sqeaking by. I am serious.

Only thing is, I did not see exactly how we scored, but I'm fairly certain there is a Teams score in there somewhere.;)

:D

haha, I sure hope your right :point2sky

Archived