Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Numbers "re-crunched" - A response to Seahawkfan....

diesel22

DAMN RIGHT!!! And besides, Seahawks are WAY WAY overrated. We're gonna grill'em come Saturday. :evil: I can't wait to see Taylor and Springs and our whole D in action again. :D

Yup - it will be nice to see. I only wish Renaldo could get in on it.....but I have a lot of faith in Demetric Evans -- did anyone see the sack he made while he was getting held so bad that he was being pulled to the ground? The TB lineman was literally pulling him down and he reached up and grabbed young Simms, taking Opie down with him !! great play...

Seahawkfan's number crunching is also a little flawed because we are actually 5-4 on the road this year including an extremely relevant 1-0 in the playoffs. That includes 4 road wins in a row.

To his credit, I believe we both only used data from the regular season

great job, diesel. heres my breakdown- (some if it is repetitive)

besides their 2nd to last game vs indys scrubs (omitted for obvious reasons), seattle has played all of 3 teams that went to the playoffs- j ville, the skins and the giants. (obviously, only one of those teams is still standing). they lost 2 of those games. additionally, they had a couple of near disasters vs SF and Tenn.

take a look at sagarins strength of schedule- http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl05.htm

they are dead last in the entire NFL. the skins are 5th.

the hawks have 10 wins against teams with losing records.

alexander is a great RB, no doubt. but, a closer look at his season is telling- 18 of his TD's came against 4 of the worst teams in the league- Arizona (6), Houston (4), St. Louis (5), San Fran (3).

in each of the seahawks 3 losses, alexander was held under 100 yards.

can the skins hold alexander under 100?

-over the last 6 games, the skins have held opponents to a net everage of 81.6 yards rushing, allowing over 100 once (109 yards vs dallas) while holding tiki (1860 for the year) to 80 and cadillac (1178 in 14 games) to 49 yards on 18 carries.

that's better than chicago and tampa bay, #1 in scoring and yards respectively.

over that same span, the skins have rushed for an average of over 156 yards per game, being held under 100 once (95 vs tampa).

one last seattle stat- they are 17th in the league in total D.

MVP league rushing and scoring champ vs the #1 D vs the rush since december.

take the skins and the points.

great job, diesel. heres my breakdown- (some if it is repetitive)

besides their 2nd to last game vs indys scrubs (omitted for obvious reasons), seattle has played all of 3 teams that went to the playoffs- j ville, the skins and the giants. (obviously, only one of those teams is still standing). they lost 2 of those games. additionally, they had a couple of near disasters vs SF and Tenn.

take a look at sagarins strength of schedule- http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl05.htm

they are dead last in the entire NFL. the skins are 5th.

the hawks have 10 wins against teams with losing records.

alexander is a great RB, no doubt. but, a closer look at his season is telling- 18 of his TD's came against 4 of the worst teams in the league- Arizona (6), Houston (4), St. Louis (5), San Fran (3).

in each of the seahawks 3 losses, alexander was held under 100 yards.

can the skins hold alexander under 100?

-over the last 6 games, the skins have held opponents to a net everage of 81.6 yards rushing, allowing over 100 once (109 yards vs dallas) while holding tiki (1860 for the year) to 80 and cadillac (1178 in 14 games) to 49 yards on 18 carries.

that's better than chicago and tampa bay, #1 in scoring and yards respectively.

over that same span, the skins have rushed for an average of over 156 yards per game, being held under 100 once (95 vs tampa).

one last seattle stat- they are 17th in the league in total D.

MVP league rushing and scoring champ vs the #1 D vs the rush since december.

take the skins and the points.

Thanks a lot - enjoyed yours as well. Here's the question though -- would you take the skins straight up? I think we're gonna get it done

Guys, you all have good analysis, but this is a one game playoff against Seattle, not seven. Their division sucks, their strength of schedule sucks. We all know that. I don't think we need to go into all of that in order to convince yourself that the Skins will win. I think because we have JG, a defense that is mainly healthy and playing great right now, and our offense coming off of a horrid week(see 2nd Dallas game), we have what it takes to win this game. We just need to do it.

Dude....get a job.

What's funny about your comment is the fact that you admit it's a full-time job FOR YOU to come up with that. It's a damn fine, but fairly simple, analysis. If you need 8 hours to come up with that .... again, on another thread some moron seabird fan was saying something about Seattle residents being the most educated, but I'm just not seeing that here with all of these trollbirds rolling in.

Next....

Archived