Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SANTANA MOSS & STEVE SMITH

redskins55

It is a mystery to me how Steve Smith can be so productive in games even when teams know that he is carolina's big play receiver. Gibbs does a pretty good job of moving Moss around to free him from coverage, but to me its not as effecient as what carolina does with Smith. Smith is always getting the ball and scoring.

I think Gibbs will study some tape of Carolina and see how they get Smith open frequently because Santana is just as good of a receiver as Steve Smith.

I'll tell ya this though, this year's pro-bowl starting line up for the NFC is scary. Moss on one side and Smith on the other..

WOW!!

I think it's funny that the starting WRs in the probowl are both 5'9". Maybe people will (finaly) realize that you don't have to be tall to be good...

People have always realized that. From our days of Sanders and Clark, to the high octain offence of the Ram in 99 when they had Holt, Bruce and Hakim.

But its always nice to have balance at the WR posistion. Its hard to get away with the Smurfs.

Well. Carolina throws to their other receivers every once on a while too. That may have something to do with it.

Thats true..

Its hard for me to believe that Carolina has better secondary receivers than Washington. I think we need to focus on a game plan for getting the other receivers involved somehow to free up Moss more. Carolina doesn't throw to the other receivers often just enough to keep the defense guessing.

But I know Smith is not better than Moss....

quote:I think it's funny that the starting WRs in the probowl are both 5'9". Maybe people will (finaly) realize that you don't have to be tall to be good...

Very true. I havent heard too much of this lately but do recall hearing about it earlier this year, about how our 1 and 2 receivers are too short, etc. I must admit I was a little skeptical about picking up both Moss and Patten b/c of this issue, but it has proven to be a non-issue.

Well. Carolina throws to their other receivers every once on a while too. That may have something to do with it.

Well not necessarily, if the Giants game is a indicator of how their season has gone...

S. Smith 10

K. Colbert 2

K. Mangum 1

N. Goings 1

D. Foster 1

Well not necessarily, if the Giants game is a indicator of how their season has gone...

S. Smith 10

K. Colbert 2

K. Mangum 1

N. Goings 1

D. Foster 1

:laugh: :laugh:

At least we have Cooley catching about 3 to 5 a game

That just goes to show that they do other things to get him involved.. I'm interested in seeing how Smith does against the Bears and how Moss does against the Seahawks. It may simply come down to which defense is on the field. Obviously the Giants "D" is flawed and the Bucs defense is #1. Could have played a factor...

It is a mystery to me how Steve Smith can be so productive in games even when teams know that he is carolina's big play receiver. Gibbs does a pretty good job of moving Moss around to free him from coverage, but to me its not as effecient as what carolina does with Smith. Smith is always getting the ball and scoring.

I think Gibbs will study some tape of Carolina and see how they get Smith open frequently because Santana is just as good of a receiver as Steve Smith.

I'll tell ya this though, this year's pro-bowl starting line up for the NFC is scary. Moss on one side and Smith on the other..

WOW!!

para1... caralinas got jake.. redskins got brunell.... i dont mean to bash brunell, but he chokes.. gets happy jumpy feet.. cant live under the pressure when games are close... in close games this past season, when we are trailing in the fourth quarter, when does he ever get us a touchdown to win in the final minutes...not much, not once?

it is our defense that always win the game...

2nd para....Gibbs should think about studying carolina game videos..

3rd para.. you see the qb situation in the afc vs nfc.. that shiet is scary!!

para1... caralinas got jake.. redskins got brunell.... i dont mean to bash brunell, but he chokes.. gets happy jumpy feet.. cant live under the pressure when games are close... in close games this past season, when we are trailing in the fourth quarter, when does he ever get us a touchdown to win in the final minutes...not much, not once?

it is our defense that always win the game...

2nd para....Gibbs should think about studying carolina game videos..

3rd para.. you see the qb situation in the afc vs nfc.. that shiet is scary!!

When?? Do you not remember the 14-13 win over dallas...think before you make statements like that Dinzel

Archived