Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB of tomorrow

PapaRora

Yeah yeah..I know its too early to think about this. But I cant help it!!!

Its very obvious that Brunell just wont be the guy. I mean hes lucky to have a Moss and Cooley but he doesnt utilize anyone else. And that can never result in a dominant Offense. But more importantly, hes unstable. Hes a smart QB, and is mobile but how far is that going to get us.

I dont know if Gibbs likes Ramsey. I mean knowing Gibbs, u know hes not the guy to bash anyone but its very clear that Ramsey is not a Gibbs' guy besides hes prob going to leave in the off season.

Campbell..what do we know about him?

I think Jason Campbell will prove to be the future. He finished his senior year with a 65% completion percentage and lead his team to a 13-0 record. I was impressed with what he was able to do in the preseason with the 3rd team wide outs. But for right now, I'm having trouble thinking past Brunell's MVP performance in XL. ;)

:logo:

Jason Campbell was every bit as good as Leinart during his senior year.

So true...Jason Campbell showed a lot of talent before. He has an excellent arm and is good on the run. He needs a chance and should be our backup for Brunell...Ramsey has to go.

something tells me that in the offseason, campbell will start getting tons more reps, brunell will be asked to assume a teacher role with a few starts, and ramsey will be traded for a draft pick.

I don't know if a trade of remsey would happen.

Remember, he is paid for as far as cap hits are concerned.

It's a business too.

I cant see Campbell holding the clipboard for 2 full years somehow. I would imagine he will be our number 2 next year. When he will see the field is anyones guess. Of course all of this is pure speculation on my part.

I agree, next year he will be number 2 after we get rid of Ramsey. Then after Brunell retires after next season then Campbell will come in.

I liked what I saw from Campbell, but he did have two top draft picks in that backfield with him ...

But Gibbs&Co certainly have an eye for talent, and for them to TRADE UP to get him gives me a good bit of confidence in him ... they saw something, and that has me excited.

HAIL

I could see Brunell staying on as a "player, coach" & 3rd string QB?? Time frame? I don't know but I think Brunell could be a good coach and emergency player. But, I am not a coach just a thought. I think JG will keep 3 QB's. He's got them and may just keep them. Even Sage played this year in Miami, remember him? So maybe JG can keep Ramsey pacified for another year till everything works out for all involved. But I def think Campbell will be the future. JG def believes in competition at this position.

Archived