Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm really getting sick of....

grampi

....these idiot sports anylists who keep trying to minimalize Joe Gibbs because he was away from the game for 12 years. Joe Gibbs is not Dick Vemiel or the Tuna. He has a quality that's uneffected by time. He has something magic about him that all of his players seem to get. He's the ultimate motivator, a fountain of inspiration. He has a gift of being able to touch each and every player, regardless of who they are, and bring the best out of them. He has a way with his players I've never seen from any other coach in my lifetime. I'm not a sports anylist and I can see these qualities. Why can't the so called experts?

We've all heard throughout the year that Gibbs adheres to the "character, intelligence, ability"....philosophy

The "experts" probably deem this as too "old school" to be viable in today's league..

"New school"...Ability is priority, intelligence is great, .... character issues are explained away, mitigated with lame "apologies" or spun as a soon-to-be-cured "temporary condition" with no need for accountability. Statistical anaylsis and "fantasy ratings" are also given too much weight in the formulation of opinions

Until Gibbs gets it done again, many will remain a "skeptic"...

I don't follow the Pats as much as I should, but I was impressed when they came out as-a-team for the first SuperBowl of their recent run..... so Belichick may be pretty close to having what Gibbs has to offer.

I'm not saying that talent alone can't get it done..... but Gibbs has the knack of maximizing the abilities of those smart enough to learn and execute while forgoing "self" for the benefit of the many.

:bucsuck:

Guys, there are only a few guys who have the qualities that JG has. I'm was going to save this for next year, but I'll prove my allegiance to him now. I told my brother(a Steeler fan) once JG was hired, within 3 years a Super Bowl win. Hell, it might be two! Let's take care of business tomorrow and I have a feeling we will see the least amount of "trolls" for the week of the Seattle game. They are scared to death!

We've all heard throughout the year that Gibbs adheres to the "character, intelligence, ability"....philosophy

The "experts" probably deem this as too "old school" to be viable in today's league..

"New school"...Ability is priority, intelligence is great, .... character issues are explained away, mitigated with lame "apologies" or spun as a soon-to-be-cured "temporary condition" with no need for accountability. Statistical anaylsis and "fantasy ratings" are also given too much weight in the formulation of opinions

Until Gibbs gets it done again, many will remain a "skeptic"...

I don't follow the Pats as much as I should, but I was impressed when they came out as-a-team for the first SuperBowl of their recent run..... so Belichick may be pretty close to having what Gibbs has to offer.

I'm not saying that talent alone can't get it done..... but Gibbs has the knack of maximizing the abilities of those smart enough to learn and execute while forgoing "self" for the benefit of the many.

:bucsuck:

The big difference between Gibbs and Billichick is Gibbs won 3 SBs with basically 3 different teams; Billichick did it with basically the same team. Gibbs has inspired far more players to reach the promise land than Bellichick. I'm not taking anything away from Billichick, but what Gibbs has accomplished was much more difficult.

I, too, get tired of skeptics regarding Gibbs. Unfortunately, I wasn't around here when Gibbs was first hired, but anyone who knows me knows what I said the day I heard...

He signed for five.

I give him two years to get us into the playoffs.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the third year we made it to the SuperBowl.

The extra two will be icing on the cake.

I had an email from a friend of mine in Los Angeles, who I converted to a Redskins fan back during Gibbs first tenure (but before any SuperBowl wins). We've lost touch a little, but when Gibbs was hired, I called her and told her "Gibbs was coming back.. and told her about my "two years to playoffs and after that who knows.

I got an email from her today. First time I've heard from her in about 4 months.

All it said was: You were right. Gibbs still has it. Gotta have faith.

Whatever that "it" is, he takes it everywhere.

Redskins, part I: 4 trips to the SuperBowl, 3 wins.

Nascar: He now currently has 3 cars running. He's had 3 cup championships (2 different drivers).

Redskins, part 2: 2nd year, in playoffs, and it ain't over.

That intangible that he has brings out the best in players... and once a player believes in that "it"... that player will always bring his best to the table. Because it's the right thing to do. It took him a while to get some of the younger players to buy "it" -- whatever "it" is. But they have. This is truly a TEAM now. Not a bunch of superstars worrying about their own record, streak, etc. It's a team. With one thought.. what is best for the team.

If you could patent what "it" is and can it.. and sell it.. you'd make millions of dollars.

But you can't.

That's why he's the coach. We're the fans. He gets paid big bucks to do "it"... and as long as he's doing it.. I'm there 100%.

Good post. I think a big part of the players not getting with the program right away was all the negative media crap.

They were pretty much guaranteeing that Gibbs was done before he started and players hear that stuff. It probably had a lot to do with players like Portis and Coles questioning the coaches last year. Good thing they got rid of most of the problems and will finish that when this season is over but this team is solid right now.

The thing people forget about JG is that even tho he was away from football he was still associated with sports personnel with his racing, now football and car racing are totally different but the way you relate to people is not, this is JG's big plus he is able to get into peoples heads, and get them to do what is required to win, JG is a people person he loves his players and his players love him...JG knows what it takes to be a Redskin a real redskin a player of heart and character who never stops trying to win even 36 nil down in the 4th quarter, JG has the ability to make a champion team from players who are not acknowledged as champions, just look at the three teams he turned into world champions they were full of free agency players, JG is the absolute best coach of any sport in any country ever...go skins.....I love Gibbskins football

....these idiot sports anylists who keep trying to minimalize Joe Gibbs because he was away from the game for 12 years. Joe Gibbs is not Dick Vemiel or the Tuna. He has a quality that's uneffected by time. He has something magic about him that all of his players seem to get. He's the ultimate motivator, a fountain of inspiration. He has a gift of being able to touch each and every player, regardless of who they are, and bring the best out of them. He has a way with his players I've never seen from any other coach in my lifetime. I'm not a sports anylist and I can see these qualities. Why can't the so called experts?

So basically you're saying hes god with glasses.

I like Gibbs too, but unless you were in the locker room in the 80s and are there now...how is it you know these things.

Matter of fact, unless you're in the locker rooms of several teams, how can you compare Gibbs' motivational qualities to other coaches'?

This just in, there are several very good football coaches in the NFL, your gushing endorsement, while commendable, has about as much credibility as my contention that Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFC. (not that I've ever stated that, but you get the point)

I like Gibbs too, but unless you were in the locker room in the 80s and are there now...how is it you know these things.

Matter of fact, unless you're in the locker rooms of several teams, how can you compare Gibbs' motivational qualities to other coaches'?

This just in, there are several very good football coaches in the NFL, your gushing endorsement, while commendable, has about as much credibility as my contention that Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFC. (not that I've ever stated that, but you get the point)

He didnt need to be there. Results speak for themselves. You can't argue the results Gibbs has gotten over the long haul time and time again.

Debate all you want, but don't think that most intelligent fans can't see how dumb you are being by suggesting Gibbs isnt one of the all time best.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of the so called experts also. All they have to do is look at what the Redskins have done this year if they want to judge Gibbs. For one, Gibbs seems to have gotten used to coaching in today's NFL and has adapted well.

Vermiel was in the SB only three seasons's into coming back and Joe Gibbs has not only returned the Redskins to the playoffs in only his second year back, but the team he's directing will be favorites to do even better next year and plus the Redskins have already beaten the top three NFC seeds this year. It's a shame because most of the time these mentally slow so called experts don't know what they are talking about.

He didnt need to be there. Results speak for themselves. You can't argue the results Gibbs has gotten over the long haul time and time again.

Debate all you want, but don't think that most intelligent fans can't see how dumb you are being by suggesting Gibbs isnt one of the all time best.

So, not only didn't you read the post I quoted, you misunderstood my post.

I realize that it's gameday and you're PUMPED-UP, but I never said the Gibbs isn't a HOF coach. In fact, I'd be the 1st to cast a ballot in his honor.

Instead of rehashing my point, I'll let you reread grampi's post and my follow-up.

BS! All you've got to do is watch this team play and you can easily see everything I mentioned in my post. Before Gibbs came back this team moped around the field with absolutely no emotion, acting like putting on the uniform was nothing but a weekly job. Now the players are very emotional and eager to play. They can't wait to get on the field and hit somebody! That's not something that just happens, it comes from being inspired, and no one does it better than Gibbs!

That's easy.

Because they are MORONS!

What other coach won three super bowls, and is in the hall of fame, retires, starts up a winning nascar team, comes back 10 yrs later, and does it again????

lordoftherings.JPG

Joe Gibbs, that's who!!!!!!

Hail!:point2sky

:cheers:

Archived