Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official WASHINGTON REDSKINS vs. Bucs Prediction Thread: Playoff Edition!!

Skins24

This is it! First playoff game since Jan. 2000! We actually did it!

So who wins, what's the score, and what happens?

Do we move on or go home?

Skins 24

Bucs 20

Huge defensive struggle in the begining of the game

Rogers gets an int

Springs plays, but very little

Portis has a recieving TD and just over 100 on the ground

Griffin seals the win with a late fourth quarter fumble recovery

33-13 Redskins

We have scored over thirty points in each of our last 3 games. All against division rivals in a win or go home situation. While the Bucs may have a better defense than the other teams we faced, we did put up 35 down there earlier this season. We did that in a game where we lost the turnover battle. This week we win the turnover battle and get two defensive touchdowns. ST gets one and Joe Salvea falls on a fumble in the endzone. Chris Simms doesn't finish this game and it gets ugly when Tim Rattay takes over. HTTR

I really don't think the Bucs are a legitimate team. They only are where they are because they had the 30th strongest schedule. They only won the last game because our arguably two best defensive players, Griffin and Taylor, were both out. We probably weren't expecting Simms performance either, we thought if we simply stopped Cadillac, Simms would be incapable of doing anything. This time we will be better prepared for him. And this time they are missing their #2 WR. Even with all that though, the Bucs still needed help from the Referees, with bad calls on the 2 point conversion and a forceout call.

On Defense, I expect Springs will be back and we will be able to limit Galloway by doubleteaming him, and with the Bucs missing their #2 WR, we should be fine with mostly single coverage against other Bucs recievers. We should be able to bring alot of men up front to focus on stopping the run and blitzing Simms, who will be playing in his first playoff games. I don't expect they'll be able to do much against them.

On Offense, we have been alot better since we have focused on power running. The Bucs are small up front, and so I think we should be able to run with sucsess against them. They'll be forced to play alot of 8 man fronts, which should open up some good passing opportunities for the playoff veteran Brunell.

I say the Bucs get shown up as the pretenders they are.

Redskins 33

Bucs 10

I really don't think the Bucs are a legitimate team. They only are where they are because they had the 30th strongest schedule. They only won the last game because our arguably two best defensive players, Griffin and Taylor, were both out. We probably weren't expecting Simms performance either, we thought if we simply stopped Cadillac, Simms would be incapable of doing anything. This time we will be better prepared for him. And this time they are missing their #2 WR. Even with all that though, the Bucs still needed help from the Referees, with bad calls on the 2 point conversion and a forceout call.

On Defense, I expect Springs will be back and we will be able to limit Galloway by doubleteaming him, and with the Bucs missing their #2 WR, we should be fine with mostly single coverage against other Bucs recievers. We should be able to bring alot of men up front to focus on stopping the run and blitzing Simms, who will be playing in his first playoff games. I don't expect they'll be able to do much against them.

On Offense, we have been alot better since we have focused on power running. The Bucs are small up front, and so I think we should be able to run with sucsess against them. They'll be forced to play alot of 8 man fronts, which should open up some good passing opportunities for the playoff veteran Brunell.

I say the Bucs get shown up as the pretenders they are.

Redskins 33

Bucs 10

I think that you just nailed it on the head! Tampa is going down! I didnt know that they had the 30th strongest sced. Does anyone know what our schedule was ranked?

I dont want to sound over confident but I think we are going to have a much better game this time around.

Granted... Springs IS a shutdown corner and his playing tommorrow is questionable, but we have Salvea healthy, Griffin is healthy, Arrington has a better grasp of our Defensive scheme, our O-line has been dominant over the last five games and even though I will admit I was worried about injuries this season, every time a key player has been injured, his backup has played at an exceptional level.

I think our offense is better... period.

I think our defense is better... period.

Just take a look at both teams schedules. When you see the strenght of schedule and what our team had to do compared to what their team had to do to get in the playoffs, the outcome is obvious.

Here is how I see it.

Our D-line is dominant throughout the first half. So dominant in fact that we get pressure on Simms without having to bring in corners or our full compliment of LB's. This forces the Buccs to go to the air early and often. This is Simms first playoff experience and history shows that most rookies do not do well in the playoffs. I think he will take risks and become inaccurate early. I am seeing a few turnovers from the Buccs. Dont get me wrong. I think they will get a few shots down field and maybe one in the endzone. After that its going to be punt, punt, field goal, punt, punt, etc...

Portis is running better than ever and with the skills of Moss, Cooley and Sellars... this helps keeps our possesions long, taking time off the clock. The Buccs D is not able to do much against our O-line. All our gains will be slow and steady but in the redzone they pull through and we are forced to kick field goals. I do see one... maybe two TD's from us, but thats about it.

Final score: 23-10

...and the Redskins are going to Seattle!!!

Here is how I see it.

Our D-line is dominant throughout the first half. So dominant in fact that we get pressure on Simms without having to bring in corners or our full compliment of LB's. This forces the Buccs to go to the air early and often.

Your D-line should do ok but the Bucs will not go to the air,they will run to set up the pass throw safe short passes to Pittman, Hillard and Smith, pull in the corners and then go deep to Galloway!

This is Simms first playoff experience and history shows that most rookies do not do well in the playoffs.

Simms is not a ROOKIE but does lack playoff experience Gruden knows this and will not put all the pressure on his shoulders!

Portis is running better than ever and with the skills of Moss, Cooley and Sellars... this helps keeps our possesions long, taking time off the clock. The Buccs D is not able to do much against our O-line All our gains will be slow and steady.

That is the way the Bucs like it they force you to play mistake free football and go the length of the field you would be trying to do exactly what the Bucs defense wants.

If they can contain Portis and force you to pass you will be in trouble.

TB-19

Skins -13

That is the way the Bucs like it they force you to play mistake free football and go the length of the field you would be trying to do exactly what the Bucs defense wants.If they can contain Portis and force you to pass you will be in trouble.

TB-19

Skins -13

Well... they did not contain Portis last time. I beleive he ran for 144 and a TD. I know our offense is playing much better than our last meeting. I have not been following the Buccs D, but that week 15 game vs NE shows me that its possible to run against you all day.

I hope we do not pass too much either. Barber is a freaking interception waiting to happen. That guy is a ball hawk and he is damn good at it. If we do have to throw a lot, I hope its always to a receiver on the OPPOSITE side of Barber!!! LOL

1. Clinton Portis has had 2 great games against the Bucs. Look for a third. Perhaps 120 and 1 TD.

2. Chris Simms meet Sean Taylor. You thought the sight of Roy F. Williams made you pee yourself??? ST will make you crap your pants. ST didn't participate in the previous match up. What a difference he will make.

3. Ladell Betts will have a good game too. Perhaps 65 yards rushing. No TD's. Clock eating will be key in the game.

Redskins 24

Bucs 13

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!!!

Tuck Fampa!!!!

Archived