Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Interesting Statistic...

NOVA2Tampa

For the 2005 regular season:

Redskins: Average 22.4 PPG scored and 18.3 PPG allowed. 22.4 - 18.3 = 4.1

Buccaneers: Average 18.8 PPG scored and 17.1 PPG allowed. 18.8 - 17.1 = 1.7

The Redskins' average winning margin is more than twice the Bucs average winning margin. Something to think about, folks!

HTTR!!! :cheers:

I wonder...what was the average W-L record of all the teams Tampa Bay played this season, and how does that comapre to the average W-L record of all the teams Washington played this season?

I'm thinking, just off the top of my head, that the Redskins had a much tougher schedule overall...I'll have to crunch some numbers and get back to you all with exact figures.

Here are the figures...

Tampa Bay

Minnesota 9-7

Buffalo 5-11

Green Bay 4-12

Detroit 5-11

NY Jets 4-12

Miami 9-7

San Francisco 4-12

Carolina 11-5

Washington 10-6

Atlanta 8-8

Chicago 11-5

New Orleans 3-13

Carolina 11-5

New England 10-6

Atlanta 8-8

New Orleans 3-13

Average W-L 7-9

Washington

Chicago 11-5

Dallas 9-7

Seattle 13-3

Denver 13-3

Kansas City 10-6

San Francisco 4-12

NY Giants 11-5

Philadelphia 6-10

Tampa Bay 11-5

Oakland 4-12

San Diego 9-7

St. Louis 6-10

Arizona 5-11

Dallas 9-7

NY Giants 11-5

Philadelphia 6-10

Average W-L 9-7

There's a 2-game difference in overall strength of schedule...pretty significant if you ask me, especially since the playoffs were decided in the final two weeks for most teams.

i hate statistics. They're very misleading they do NOT win games. Players do. Lets just hope that the skins are reviewing the game coming up, instead of comparing statistics. I don't want a repeat of that first giants game. :doh:

I'm looking for a repeat of that second Dallas game! :laugh:

and i hope we are selected the next team to have 9 home games and 7 away.(giants). we for sure be the nfc champs... put us in a division like the north or the west... the sky will fall for us...

Holy crap... do you really think the Saints would've beaten them anyway? If you do, you're crazy.

Holy crap... do you really think the Saints would've beaten them anyway? If you do, you're crazy.

The Saints had already beaten the Panthers. Just because the Saints finished poorly doesn't mean that they couldn't have beaten the Giants in week 3. That game demoralized them, it basically gave them no shot for the entire season. It was and remains to this day a joke perpetrated by the NFL.

Picking the saints to beat ANYONE at home or away is just stupid.

Giants would have beaten them anyway, the only reason the panthers lost is because, well, they are the panthers. They play great one week and suck it up the next. They are the team that can beat the colts one week and loose to the texans the next.

Look guys...the ONLY stat that matters is that we lost to them last time and made Phil's boy look like an All-Pro. It's time for some more payback. We did it to the Giants. We have to do the same to the Bucs. Lose to these guys again and they'll be spewing all of that "own3d" crap. After listening to Boys fans the last few years, I'm not real anxious to hear doody like that again.

Archived