WASHINGTON 4:15 PM FOX

at Atlanta 1:00 PM FOX

CHICAGO 1:00 PM FOX

at New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX

at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX

at New England 1:30 PM FOX

ATLANTA 1:00 PM FOX

NEW ORLEANS 1:00 PM FOX

What offenses? Us and whom else? NE or CAR maybe? Who else on this list has a potent offense? Certainly not Atlanta. This is why they smell like paper tigers. We lost but we lit them up for 35 points!

If Atlanta gets going early they can be potent but with the Falcons you just never know what you're going to get they are a helter skelter team always has been.

I love how the media makes these statements and then sticks with them even as things change. After the game on Sunday it looked like we would have a banged up secondary, but we may actually end up at full strength, or one man down at worst. Our secondary will be fine.

Remember the disaster that was the Fun N Gun and how it couldn't protect the QB? This year the Bucs have given up 3 more sacks than our Ol' Ball Coach did in 2002, and they only gave up 2 fewer sacks that Spurrier did in 2002.

Simms was sacked 5 times in their loss to the 49ers, and 17 times in his 4 losses (compared to 7 sacks in his 7 wins combined). Sack Simms and the Bucs lose.

Last time we played the Bucs, we were missing Griffin and Salave'a was hurt. We never sacked Simms, and the Bucs won. Since Griffin came back 5 games ago we have sacked the QB 17 times.

Our secondary banged up? I thought both Springs and Rogers were supposed to be able to play saturday?

Exactly. What kind of analysis fails to take into consideration the fact that:

1) Rogers is back in the lineup

2) Sean Taylor didn't play in the first matchup, but will return for this game

3) That Springs is a "game time decision", according to Gibbs/Williams; therefore, not necessarily out of the game

4) Clayton is out

5) That Galloway is no Santana Moss, and can be double covered?

6) Our DL is now healthy, therefore, the threat of a consistent and formidable pass-rush is real.

Mediots.

:rolleyes: Just watching playbook on the NFL network they were discussing the game with the Bucs and they were saying that the Skins are so banged up in the secondary blah blah blah they couldn't possibly hold up against Galloway. Again this team just have to prove the doubters wrong week in and week out.

We need some sacks and a lot, I just dont trust Walt Harris alone on man to man, Galloway would smoke him 10 out of 10 times for real. But I do see Taylor shadowing him thank God and our D really getting to Simms this time. Either way we Will win this game!!!! :bucsuck:

Who cares what the media thinks? They don't determine who advances and who gets eliminated in the playoffs. It's the teams and how they compete and play against each other for 60 minutes. The Redskins have already proved the media wrong during this season by not picking us to go to the playoffs. Another example of proving the media wrong was when the Washington Redskins went against the Dallas Cowboys and the New York Giants at FedExField this season. A majority of the media picked the Cowboys and the Giants over the Redskins in those games. What happened? The Redskins made liars out of the media as they gave both of those NFC East rival teams a real FedExField @$$ whipping during that time around. If the media wants to pick the Buccaneers, go ahead. I could care less who they pick. I like it when they pick the Redskins as the underdogs. However, I would not underestimate the Tampa Bay Buccaneers because they are also a great competitive football team and very well coached. The Washington Redskins' backs are still against the wall because they still have a job to do and accomplish; honestly, I hope they do beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium in order to prove the media wrong once again.

These same guys said the Patriots were doomed last year in the playoffs with rooks starting at CB because of the injuries. The Pats ended up winning 20-3.

I don't think Springs being injured will be the end of the world as long as we get pressure on Simms. If not then yeah, it might be tough.

Archived