Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: Sport Nations tidbits- PFW

bubba9497

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10350 full article

Jey (DC): Both Tampa and Washington to seem better and different teams since thier first meeting.... who do you winning, and what are your keys to the game?

Gary Horton: I think this is a great matchup because both teams have gotten better. Washington actually, may be the hottest team entering the playoffs. I think that Tampa has a revitalized run game with Cadillac Williams and they will be trying to pound the ball at the Skins ... who will be doing the same with Clinton Portis.

Jeff (Cleveland): What are you looking at as the keys for Washington winning at Tampa? I'm thinking #1, they have to contain Tampa's running game, and then be effective moving the ball against their d.

Gary Horton: The big concern for Washington is the help from their secondary. They are really thin back there. This could be a big day for Joey Galloway if they identify the right matchup. For Brunell, he has to have enough time to attack the cover-two and make tight throws. The game may come down to pass protection and one or two big plays by either Joey G or Santana Moss.

Chris (DC): Skins or Bucs Saturday? I think with Sean Taylor in the secondary this time the Bucs passing game could be nonexistant...

Gary Horton: For the most part, I think this one will be a phycial, hard-hitting, close game. And I think the Bucs will win it.

Andy (New York): I think one of the most dangerous teams in the nfc is the redskins, the way they ended that season when all the talk was about dallas and NY, but the skins showed heart and came out of no where. Do you think they have what it takes

Gary Horton: As I said, the Skins are hot. I think the Bucs will beat them at home, but I would not be surprised if Washington advanced. THey have a great run game and a very hot reciever. I'm just worried about the Skins secondary. Unless their pass rush is great, they can be vulnerable against a good pass-rushing team. They key for the Skins will be to manage the game without turnover and Clinton Portis has to come up big to control the clock and also open up the play action possibilities for Brunnel and Moss. There is not a team in the NFC that the Redskins can't beat and I think they are also confident on the road.

Eric (Tampa): Gary, Was the coaching job Gruden did this season his most impressive?

Gary Horton: I think that's a very fair question. And yes, that's probably true. Jon had to get a young and inexperienced QB ready during the season and he also had to build an offense around a rookie RB. Nobody coaches and prepared the QB better than Gruden and that played off HUGELY for Tampa Bay when Griese went down. Jon Gruden has held that team together and many of their close wins come from the fact that he works so hard and has such great preparation methods. It gives his players confidence when they are in tight situations. In fact, the Bucs have a saying that preparation = confidence and I really think that is exactly the way they play.

Barry (Fairfax, VA): In the regular season WASH-TB game, Cornelious Griffin and Sean Taylor didn't play due to injury. They are back in the line-up and the D is playing better anyway. The ATL kicker missed an easy one 2 weeks ago that would have beaten the Bucs and New Orleans was with the Bucs into the $th last week. With WASH's experienced QB, stud running game and hot play of late, what is it about the BUcs that makes you think they will win?

Nate Kiper Jr. (Baltimore): Gary, One big key in that Redskins-Bucs game is that Cornelious Griffin is back (he missed the first meeting). He is a huge factor on the Skins D-line and with him they never would have given up 36 points to the Bucs. The weak Bucs O-line is in trouble.

Alex (NY): Gary, I'm sure you know, but both Griffin and Taylor did not play in the first TB game .. surely this has impact. BTW .. Skins 5-0 all-time in wild-card games. Thoughts?

Gary Horton: I think Griffin is a key factor, for sure. Washington may have to be able to generate a pass-rush without a lot of blitzing. Young Simms is not playoff tested. They are thin at the cornerback position and they are vulnerable on the perimeter. I think this is the best matchup of the wildcard weekend and I think this TB-Wash game is the most physical game we will see. For me, it's the hardest game to pick a winner.

Gary Horton: For the most part, I think this one will be a phycial, hard-hitting, close game. And I think the Bucs will win it.

Gary Horton: I think Griffin is a key factor, for sure. Washington may have to be able to generate a pass-rush without a lot of blitzing. Young Simms is not playoff tested. They are thin at the cornerback position and they are vulnerable on the perimeter. I think this is the best matchup of the wildcard weekend and I think this TB-Wash game is the most physical game we will see. For me, it's the hardest game to pick a winner.

If it was so hard to pick a winner you were quick to pick the Bucs. Weren't ya Gary?

Eddie George predicted we'd win by 14 points. That's what I'm talking about!! This guy is a moron. We just outscored 3 divisional opponents 101-47, and Tampa just barely scraped by Atlanta and New Orleans after a thrashing by the Patriots. No way they beat us. They didn't beat us the first time, why would they be able to this time???

Eddie George predicted we'd win by 14 points. That's what I'm talking about!! This guy is a moron. We just outscored 3 divisional opponents 101-47, and Tampa just barely scraped by Atlanta and New Orleans after a thrashing by the Patriots. No way they beat us. They didn't beat us the first time, why would they be able to this time???

Love the sig! One word on how they can beat us...............refs!

Love the sig! One word on how they can beat us...............refs!

This is true, but I think we keep the refs out of it with a dominating performance. I just hope the refs actually call pass-interference when Moss's jersey is being ripped off his shoulder pads this time...:doh:

Thanks about the sig! We've got the same idea!

Geez, give this guy a break. He was fair in everything he said. He thinks the Bucs will win a close game. He even said it was the toughest game to call. Why do you foolios thing it is so out of the range of possibilities for the Bucs to win this game.

If we show up with the same squad that just played Philly, I can guarantee we won't win. We better hope some key people get healthy fast.

This is true, but I think we keep the refs out of it with a dominating performance. I just hope the refs actually call pass-interference when Moss's jersey is being ripped off his shoulder pads this time...:doh:

Thanks about the sig! We've got the same idea!

or out of bound catches as good, or throwing flags when a team isn't offsides, know where the freakin' plane is on the goal line :mad:

Archived