Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley on the Jungle (Jim Rome Show)

rtbasye

Rome- how pumped are the locals?

They are really pumped, after the philly game tons of fans met us at Redskins Park.

Rome- how much does the last Tampa game relate to this game

we're all excited, but I think this one is much different

Rome- how about this monster year

Mark's really helped me along, but I didnt know what to expect... I'm working with the coaches to become the H-Back that Gibbs wants me to be. Its different in some respects even though I did the same position in college. It wasn't too hard coming from college to the pros.

more on the way.

Rome- how important is that you have Brunnell as your QB

I think its huge having the experienced QB that we have, his knee is good and he's been moving around well during practice

Rome-how do you like playing for Gibbs

I was really excited coming to play for coach gibbs. They all treat players with a lot of respect.

Keeping Gregg Williams has also been HUGE for our team and we all expect whenever coach gibbs is done that Williams will keep it going here.

Rome- why does everybody think you're so wacky and crazy

I'm a normal guy off the field but at work I like to act like a 15 year old... I like to keep to loose... I'm the third string CPT Chaos to Portis and Brunnell

Cooley- portis has been amazing this year, if you run for 1500 yards you can wear anything you want

Santana Moss has also helped out my game a ton, he goes deep and that opens up the underneath routes for me.

OKAY- I think I caught most everything there. Others fill in where I missed.

No...I just got tire of the "clones" and all of his self congratulating. His schtick just got really tired to me.

He has never been a Redskin hater from what I recall. I haven't listened to him since Gibbs returned, so it has been awhile.

I quite honestly can't stand Rome but I left it on the Cleveland sports talk station without thinking when I went to pick up my daughter from school and was overjoyed about 1 mile from home when I heard he was interviewing Cooley.

Good job with the transcription. Not perfect but very good!!!

I aim for mediocrity. Not too good not too bad... that way I can sham the next time I make a post... :D

Archived