Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D. Gardener

Stricknine

Marvin Lewis on Channel 4 re: Gardener:

ML: "If we needed him to go this week he could. He practiced with us today, and has really been chomping on the bit to get out there with the guys. He has been here every morning at the crack of dawn to get in his work out... just doing everything he is supposed to do. But we're gonna take it slow and see how he does..."

Originally posted by Yomar

Actually I'm still a little mellow because I have the feeling this is not the last we have heard of this problem, call it a wild hunch :rolleyes: ...but at least he will be good to go for opening day

I say just give him 15-20 snaps a game and lets try out our other guys for the rest of the time. Hopefully that way we'll have him for key situations when we need him most. If the offense can play up to snuff, just keep him on the sidelines as much as possible.

gawd. am i the only one that would rather see him sit out a game or two until he is certainhis back is ok. geez. what's the rush. we're still in the preseason for chrissakes.

practice is fine, but keep him out of the game. we already know what he's capable of. just let his back rest. it may be a simple activity problem. letr him practice, but bring him back slowly.

need that fatbody.

he'll be fine.

(hope, hope.):geek:

This guy is going to have his ups and downs all season and quite frankly for the rest of his life. Anyone here who has to deal with back pains knows. He is going to have good days and bad ones. There will be no rhyme or reason to it. There is one thing that I am going to watch. How will he be effected by the weather. Most people with a bad back do fairly well when the weather is warm and dry. But when there is a low pressure system moving into the area they start to spasm and hunch over. The best move for this guy would have been to sign with the cardinals in the hot dry arizona sun. Maybe he can hold off going there until he retires. But I know I have heard from 3 different Dr's I should move to the south west. And I shouldn't wait till I am an old fart to do so.

The skins should send him to the Arizona sun in between games and hook him up with some conferencing software and a web cam so he can still be with the team for meetings in between games. This will help him feel better in between games. Which in turn is conducive to him playing more games and being more productive in those games.

If Las Vegas had odds on Gardner playing in more than half the games this year, they would be something like 100-1.

Signing a player with the history he has of back problems just shows how desperate the team was (is). It lost its gamble on Dotson before he ever played a down and it didn't do much better with Gardner.

It would have been nice if the team picked a defensive lineman in the last few drafts in rounds 1-4. But hey, Marty wanted Sage in round four and it wasn't important enough this year either. An offensive guard would have been a nice thought too. Nah, guards and defensive tackles are a dime a dozen, easily plucked from waiver wire or free agent lists. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Archived