Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we blitz alot?

supersmartbrunell5

We made Chris Simms look like Phil Simms last game. Not one sack. We need to pressure the kid and make him force his throws. With Griffen and Samoan Joe in there together we should be able to get pressure up the middle and collapse the pocket. With Clemons out, Wynn, Arrington or Holdman need to be able to apply pressure from his blind side. I don't see a high scoring game like last time, which favors us hopefully.

Simms hit barely over 50% of his passes against us. Thing was, those he did complete got chunks of yards. Most of his passes were arcs not bullets. The low rate of completion combined with the angle of his passes indicates that we got pressure on him but failed to hit him and he got a few to hit recievers that got behind us. This time we'll have Taylor to prevent that from happening and Griffen to keep Simms from stepping up so his passes will float more. Daniels seems to be on a roll, Rogers is rested and ready AND YOU CAN'T COUNT OUT SPRINGS YET (well, at least if your TB).

That depends on what you consider a successful blitz. If you think a successful blitz only ends in a QB sack or turnover, then you are right, they haven't been successful much. Personally, I look for a successful blitz being something that just confuses the QB into a bad throw, loss of down, or just a different look to confuse. Even if a QB has to check down and break off the orignal play, a blitz is successful in my eyes. The QB is never comfortable in the pocket and rushing his decisions.

That being said, I think we should blitz all game long as long as Springs can play. If he can't we will need to give help to our corners and then revert to LB blitzes only. Take the Cady away from them and force Simms to beat us. I know what he did last time, but something tells me he won't be nearly as successful this time around. :applause:

:bucsuck: :point2sky

Well I had an emphasis on getting sacks and TOs, but i really believe our blitz hasnt been nearly as effective as it could and should be. I always hear about GW and always applying pressure, but i dont remember in that many critical situations did an all out blitz force a bad throw or big play. I think GW is going to need to do a lot of thinking about how we can penetrate into the Bucs O line and get pressure on simms.

I dont remmeber if the Detmer fumble was on a blitz, i dont think so, but even if it was, its Detmer. Simms isnt a Legend but he is better than Detmer.

Ultimately this game will really on pressure of QBs. I think whoever gets the most pressure will win.

Archived