Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How well will we play in the frozen north?

smartestmaninamerica

Im sorry but you are incorrect. We play seattle. From the same link you provided.

The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage.

Since we are the lowest seed. If we win we have to play the highest seed. Therefore we have to go to seattle.

Im sorry but you are incorrect. We play seattle. From the same link you provided.

Since we are the lowest seed. If we win we have to play the highest seed. Therefore we have to go to seattle.

I am looking at http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace/bracket right now and Chicago is in our bracket after Tampa. What are you seeing?

Guest ComebackKing

Yeah I thought we would play seattle. I'd rather play Seattle than the Bears right now anyway. We can stuff SA and force Seattle to pass which is a matchup I really like.

Guest ComebackKing
I am looking at http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace/bracket right now and Chicago is in our bracket after Tampa. What are you seeing?
That braket is not right if the Skins win. If Tampa wins they would play the Bears. (They must be biased against us they put the bears there because they think we will lose) But if we win we are the lower seed so we would play Seattle.

Unless I'm going senile, the NFL doesn't do brackets like that. They wait until the round is played then decide who plays one another - pitting the lower seeds against the higher ones. It used to be they tried to make sure you didn't play a team from your division until as late as possible, but not any more.

If you scroll down further down below the brackets it tells you what i already quoted that the #1 seed automatically plays the lowest seed.

The playoffs do not use a bracket. This is just something generic they put together to get an idea of what the playoffs look like.

It does not matter what any of you are seeing, if we win we will be in Seattle enjoying a nice Latte while our Team beats the crap out the Hags.

And anyway, to answer your thread question about the cold weather. It's Redskins weather and we always play well in Redskins weather!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ComebackKing

Sportsline people must think Tampa will win the game. If Tampa wins they get to have the fun of playing the Bears. Because we are the lower seed we play Seattle if we win. I'd much rather beat Seattle and go into Chiacgo HOT. (As if we arent hot already...) Ok thats it done explaining.

"The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage."

-doh!

Im sorry but i cant help myself. Your name just made this thread even more funny! LOL

Probably no worse than Chicago unless its really really cold. Like in the 1981 Bengals/Chargers game that pretty much just gave the SB to an inferior Bengals team.

The Redskins match up well with the Bears when healthy and Gibbs has won there on the road before against much better Bear teams.

Im sorry but i cant help myself. Your name just made this thread even more funny! LOL

Lol I agree. One of my New Years resolutions was to embarrass myself at least once publicly every day. This is better than pooping on my front lawn I suppose.

Anyway, the smartestman name is just a name for fun. I'm really not even the smartest man on my block - lol.

Archived